PDA

View Full Version : herts Safeguarding children

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
19-09-2009, 06:43 PM
to all those who live in herts, We have a new safeguarding children procedure. i havent read the letter completely but there is a change to the whole "what if?" phone call.

Will let you know more once i read the letter properly

specks4
19-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Hi

got this letter this morning and states that the "what if " procedure is no longing inplace but im sure you would of all recieved the letter.

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
19-09-2009, 07:07 PM
does it say what replaces it?

I havent got the letter with me

specks4
19-09-2009, 07:15 PM
it says the publication is being updated and be avaliable nov 2009. With the letter there is also a flow chat telling you, basically it says if you have a concern to contact "children, school and familes" and 03001234043 and if child in immediate harm phone 999.

rickysmiths
19-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Hi there I got the letter this morning. I have sent an email to John Harris asking for the proceedure to be urgently reviewed in the case of Childminders. I believe that as we work alone and have no line Manager to have the 'What If' conversation with, this new proceedure puts us all in a very difficult position.

Our relationship with our parents is unique and much closer than a Nursery or School. It concerns me that it may put some people off phoning if they are not confident that the situation warrents that call. There could be a hesitation to want to give full details at a very early stage because of possible repercussions. Most of our families would guess who a call had come from and we with our families are very vulnerable.

I will keep you posted when he replies.

specks4
19-09-2009, 08:49 PM
thanks rickysmith, i totally agree with what you have said. keep us posted

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
19-09-2009, 09:42 PM
competely agree rickysmith

we are not nursuries and cant be treated as such.

They need to understand we work alone and dont have the luxury of having a second opinion always avaliable to us.

Will be interesting to see what he says

mandy moo
20-09-2009, 12:22 PM
thanx Ricky, again :D

Bananabrain
20-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Thanks Ricky, I'm in Herts and I actually had to follow the 'procedure' with my first mindee.

Long story,but suffice it to say;dad was not happy!!!!

Received the same letter as you guys yesterday and filed it under 'yet another load of nonsense'

I went to a 'CAF' briefing and it was my understanding that if you need to make a referal you need the parents permission first!!!!

If I ever{please God I don't} have another mindee in my care that I am concerned about,trust me Ofsted or no Ofsted;there will be no procedures in this house!!!!

I am soooo fed up [possibly because I have had first hand experience] of endless stuff being chucked at us about what we must do because the reality is so different.

Also read in Young in Herts about an initiative called 'Every child a talker'
Rang to get a copy as I thought this would be particularly useful for me for one of my mindees. Was told that I was in the wrong part of Herts!!

Sorry,I'll stop whingeing now. Just having one of those times when I'm feeling rather disallusioned with this job. Although my DO is lovely, I don't feel like we childminders get enough support sometimes.

I'll shutup now. Be o.k tomorrow.

TheBTeam
20-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Thanks Rickysmiths, I was thinking along the same lines!