PDA

View Full Version : Have I missed anything ?

Toothfairy
19-09-2009, 06:24 PM
I'm due for my inspection sometime in October, so I have been updating all my paperwork.

Can you all have a scan down and let me know if I have missed anything please.

Portfolio of all my policies and my service statement.
Daily Register
Risk assessment file
Smoke alarm tests and Fire Drill File.
Personal files with contracts and permission slips.
Complaints procedure file.
EYFS files for each child in this catergory.
Daily diaries for each child
Long & medium term planning
Individual planning for the younger children.
Notice Board with certificates and Ofsted poster.
Accident book and Medication book.

What have I missed???

Also, if you have had an inspection recently, what are they hot on at the moment?

Thanks for all your help. :thumbsup:

Winnie
19-09-2009, 06:37 PM
SEF??? new one due to go live in oct. The complaints notification has changed to 28 days for both registers. Safeguarding is a biggy so make sure your policy is up to date. Just had my inspection, i did ok :D again.

Toothfairy
19-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Thanks Winnie, I don't have a date yet thats why I did'nt mention SEF.
I will check my complaints procedure to check if its the updated version and I will look again at my safe guarding children's policy.

Thanks for your tips.
Well done on your inspection :thumbsup:

pinklady
19-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Had my inspection on Monday and I had sent my SEF which I think really helped.

She was most interested in my interaction with the children and how I was following the EYFS. Daily diaries, observations, learning journeys etc.

I also asked mindees parents to write a letter to Mrs O. I must say they wrote a lovely letter which went down very well!:blush:

ZoeAlli
20-09-2009, 01:38 PM
I recommend doing your SEF as part of the new inspection includes how you self evaluate yourself and your continuous provision- Had my re-inspection (after having made a complaint about inspector!) on Wednesday and they are already working with the new inspection. Has changed a bit since March. I was so relieved it was over didn't pay much attention to the screne, otherwise I would give more details- Sorry.
One thing they do ask is if you have a parent who would be willing to talk to them before they come and inspect- my parent said it was mainly to do with have you got appropriate posters up, how you communicate with them, and do they know how to make a complaint if they needed to (ie was my complaints/ ofsted poster up where they could see it and policies & procedures).
Hth.

sarah707
20-09-2009, 03:29 PM
There's a copy of the new complaints stuff in free resources at the top of the forum... the form is on the right hand side.

If you haven't done your sef, think about other ways of showing evaluation and progressions - courses you have been on, evaluate activities, those kinds of things will all show you are thinking about how to improve.

Do you have information about menus and other bits that you share with parents? I have a box with my parents info board and bits and bobs in that they might like to browse.

Hth :D

grindal
20-09-2009, 03:56 PM
And make sure accident book is up to date including scratches!!

miffy
20-09-2009, 05:58 PM
And your safeguarding policy includes what you would do if a complaint was made against you or any other person living or working on the premises.

Miffy xx

Toothfairy
21-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Thanks everyone, I seem to have everything that you have mentioned covered.

I am going on a SEF training course on 6th & 20th October, so I was waiting until I had been on that before I filled in my SEF.

So fingers crossed that I'm ready for my inspection.

I have been CMing for 3 yrs now so should be due for my inspection in October but I've not had 'THE CALL' yet. I think they may be running late in my area but I want to be ready just in case. :thumbsup:

pinklady
21-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Thanks everyone, I seem to have everything that you have mentioned covered.

I am going on a SEF training course on 6th & 20th October, so I was waiting until I had been on that before I filled in my SEF.

So fingers crossed that I'm ready for my inspection.

I have been CMing for 3 yrs now so should be due for my inspection in October but I've not had 'THE CALL' yet. I think they may be running late in my area but I want to be ready just in case. :thumbsup:

I would personally make a start on the SEF using the guidance (and Sarah's ebook like I did). If you want to change it after you've been on your course you can do that anyway. It's a very long document and it'll give you a chance to get your head round it before your course so that you can ask about the bits you don't understand.

Toothfairy
21-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Good thinking Pinklady :thumbsup: