PDA

View Full Version : REGIONAL FORUMS TODAY

The Juggler
19-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Was at the London regional forum today. There was not really an opportunity to ask questions about the contracts/bank holiday vs holiday payment advice. It was more sessions/group work about our thoughts on childminding practice and concerns for practice for the future. It didn't seem the right place to raise it. However, the policy forum members were there and I chatted to them about it. They have told me to e-mail them with anything we want brought to the policy meeting.

I will e-mail the question through this week, see if the policy on advising cm's on how to charge for holidays vs bank holidays can't be more in-line.

I know there was another regional forum today, did anyone have more luck than me?

Chatterbox Childcare
20-09-2009, 08:45 AM
I went to one but I think that the actual wording in the book is clear but why did they change the contracts?

I am going to ask the department at head office rather than at the forum.

christine e
20-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Was at the London regional forum today. There was not really an opportunity to ask questions about the contracts/bank holiday vs holiday payment advice. It was more sessions/group work about our thoughts on childminding practice and concerns for practice for the future. It didn't seem the right place to raise it. However, the policy forum members were there and I chatted to them about it. They have told me to e-mail them with anything we want brought to the policy meeting.

I will e-mail the question through this week, see if the policy on advising cm's on how to charge for holidays vs bank holidays can't be more in-line.

I know there was another regional forum today, did anyone have more luck than me?

Hi

Ours (East Midlands) is not until 3rd October. Suzanna Dawson was going to attend but now can't. Was she at yours? I will bring up the matter of the change re charging for Bank Holidays and why NCMA are encouraging us to negotiate holiday pay but not for bank holidays.

Cx

manjay
20-09-2009, 09:45 AM
Hi

Ours (East Midlands) is not until 3rd October. Suzanna Dawson was going to attend but now can't. Was she at yours? I will bring up the matter of the change re charging for Bank Holidays and why NCMA are encouraging us to negotiate holiday pay but not for bank holidays.

Cx

She was at mine. Think I was a bit over awed as we all stayed in the same hotel and had our evening meal together:rolleyes: I did however raise it with our NPF members and they are going to take it forward

The Juggler
20-09-2009, 11:22 AM
She was at mine. Think I was a bit over awed as we all stayed in the same hotel and had our evening meal together:rolleyes: I did however raise it with our NPF members and they are going to take it forward

well if we both raise with NPF members then perhaps they will act on it.

Chatterbox Childcare
20-09-2009, 06:25 PM
The wording tells us to negotiate a higher rate for bank holidays but only if it is a contracted day do we get paid for it.