PDA

View Full Version : I could cry!!!

gegele
19-09-2009, 05:24 PM
:( I have been looking for a double buggy for a while, I asked on the forum which buggy would fit the boot of my zafira. maclaren were mention, i had the oooooollld one from my sister in law and it fitted so I went to buy a twin triumph on ebay. went to pick it today it looks beautiful, it's in really good condition I was so happy!!!!!!! :D :D :D
..........................until i tried to put it in my boot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:panic: :panic: it doesn't fit!! I drove the whole 45 min minute back trying to convince myself that once i took off the newborn head thiny and foot muffs it would be ok.... and arrived home try everything!!!!!

doesn't fit.... I want to cry!!!!!!

The Juggler
19-09-2009, 05:42 PM
is it the same model or a newer one. They change every model slightly. Oh hon what a pain for you.

Sure you will be able to resell on e-bay or netmums or local cm group?:p

gegele
19-09-2009, 06:10 PM
I'm going to see with other minders if someone wants one but i really like it, it looks really nive grey and really light blue...snif!!!

and I bought a prince britax car seat as it can be fix with lap belt. so i thought it'll be easier so i can move side seat to let biggen in instead of struggling with boot seat as i do at the mo.....
the side at the top are wide so i can put side seat down......!!!:( :( :(

what a rubbish day!!

oh and i can't found my receipt for the seat!!!!!!

Twinkles
19-09-2009, 06:22 PM
I have a Zafira and have the same problem with car seats. I now put my little ones in the back and the ones on booster seats in the middle row so it's easier to move them.

As for the buggy have you tried all the different ways it might go in ;wheels facing in , wheels facing out etc ? I'm sure you have , just clutching at straws now.

The only double buggy I have been able to get in my boot is an old Mothercare one and then only a certain way.

helenlc
19-09-2009, 06:49 PM
I bought a Maclaren Twin Techno and didnt listen to my friend who said the funny shape handles made it quite big when folded!:blush:

It didnt fit in my Galaxy with all the seats up!!!:panic: :(

Look through the threads on here about buggies and Zafiras. Maybe there is some way that you havent tried yet to get it in (although I am sure you have tried every which way!!) I believe, as the previous poster said, that its Mothercares own brand double umbrella pushchair that seems to fit in easier than any other.

Hope you get something sorted.:thumbsup:

gegele
19-09-2009, 06:55 PM
as you say it's those funny handles!!!
:D makes me feel better that someone had the same problem!!!! sorry:blush:

well at the moment I put my son car seat at the front with me, the baby rear facing behing him with 2 on booster one being one you can use with lap belt, and 2 more booster at the back!!!!!!

so at the week end when we go out hubby will have to sit at the backwith DD :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mumx3
20-09-2009, 09:03 PM
I have a Maclaren twin triumph and it fits fine in my Galaxy with all the seats up. I move all rows as far forward as I can to give me the biggest boot possible and I can get a the Maclaren double and single in the boot at the same time!

Have you moved the rows of seats forward? Just a thought? though I am sure you already have!

ajs
20-09-2009, 09:10 PM
the only way i can fit my urban detour in the boot with all of my seats up is by taking the back wheels off and manoevering it in and shutting the boot quickly

good luck though it's a pain when it doesn't fit isn't it

PixiePetal
20-09-2009, 09:42 PM
There are days when I am very glad I don't drive :)

On the other hand I am about to get a new buggy and don't know if it will be ok on the buses - a different type of bus for different journeys :rolleyes: If not it will be trusty Maclaren for the bus :)

huggableshelly
20-09-2009, 09:46 PM
I have a Maclaren twin triumph and it fits fine in my Galaxy with all the seats up. I move all rows as far forward as I can to give me the biggest boot possible and I can get a the Maclaren double and single in the boot at the same time!

Have you moved the rows of seats forward? Just a thought? though I am sure you already have!

the back seats in a zafira are fixed in position and do not move forwards like the galxy so cant extend the boot space unless a whole seat is down to create the added floor space. Good thought though.

I've never needed a double so its nto something I've had to consider YET.

Heaven Scent
20-09-2009, 11:00 PM
the only way i can fit my urban detour in the boot with all of my seats up is by taking the back wheels off and manoevering it in and shutting the boot quickly

good luck though it's a pain when it doesn't fit isn't it

What kind of car have you got? I have urban detour singles and doubles for going for walks - but I have Mothercare tandem umbrella fold double and a Chicco Winter London or very lightweight McLaren(from freecycle) that I keep in the boot of my Citroen C8 on top of that now I have a horrible triple - its a really ancient Mclaren - no reclining - only lap belts and deck chair pattern - also very low handles - and I'm not tall by any stretch of the imagination - couldn't go for a walk with it - can only use it for a quick sprint from car park to a library or other place where we go to an activity. i despirately need a half decent triple for walks to school. just cant afford it now.

A minder friend of mine who has a zafira tells me that now some of the major pram selleers ie mothercare, Argos, Boots etc publish the measurments of buggies when folded so she can see if they fit in her boot - hope this helps

mrsgreen
21-09-2009, 08:55 AM
oh no poo poo!! good luck finding one that fits! if you want to sell it, send me a messgae. i am about to buy one myself. :laughing:

LeeAnn
21-09-2009, 09:20 AM
I bought a double Maclaren techno and it has bigger wheels and so wont even look at my boot with the seats up.

As for the prob with the car seats, I have my DDs Britax car seat secured in the middle seat, this leave the other 2 booster style car seats on the outer seats. So the seatbelts are unclipped each time anyway. This allows my DDs seat to be permenantly fixed but the belt doesn't stop the seats sliding forward. Does that make sense ? :laughing:

Minstrel
21-09-2009, 09:53 AM
I have Mclaren Techno and even with a pretty big boot (ford focus) it will only go in one particular way and its due to the length. Some of the foam on the handles has worn off where i've shoved it in a few times!

sweets
21-09-2009, 10:34 AM
if i were you i would have another go at it!

sometimes when you try again you try different ways. my old buggy would only fit in my car a certain way and only i could do it! when friends tried they refused to believe it would fit till i proved it! lol. Have another fiddle with it.
ram it if you have too:laughing:

jeanybeany
21-09-2009, 12:16 PM
My mclaren twin traveller would not fit in my zafira with all the seats up and it was a real pain! I now have a p&t, but have to admit hubby can make it fit better than me (lol). Don't let it upset you too much, will it fit in between the rows of seats on the floor perhaps if you can still get it in with all the children. Then you could tie it down somehow so it's safe just in :D case of an accident. Oh I don't know just trying to give you ideas to try!

~Chelle~
21-09-2009, 12:53 PM
I have a Mclaren duette and it fits fine in the back of my Zafira, it needs a bit of wiggling and will only go in a certain way, but it does fit.

gegele
21-09-2009, 01:27 PM
thanks for the advise and support. I did try everything, even some not safe one ie half hanging over the head of the kids head...LOL. in between seats, over and under lol
was tempted to put it on dash board ah ah ah ah ah :laughing: :laughing:

no I have to found a other one which is infuriating as i only need all seats up for2 school runs......a week at most!!!!!!:(

well if i can found a cheap little one to fit for those 2runs then I can just put a seat down for the rest and use my beautiful buggy.

or sense is going to quick in and i'll just sell it ...snif