PDA

View Full Version : CRB checks

legtc01
19-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Hiya everyone, on my 2nd week of pre reg course, just wondered if anyone knew when I am meant to apply for my CRB and health check records from my doctor?
Cheers :-)

BeckenhamCM
19-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Hi :-)

When OFSTED come to do your pre-reg visit you they should go over your CRB form and take it with them (they send it to you before the visit so you can complete it before hand) and the same for the medical info, they send you the form and then you take it to your doctos who then sends it back to OFSTED for you.

It may be different for others I guess but that's what happened for mine.

HTH,

Ash x

mama2three
20-09-2009, 07:11 AM
I was given the doctors form at my second briefing session , - get it in asap and ask to collect it , dont let them send it in - that way you know when its gone. my docs took ages I had to keep ringing and in the end i think they got fed up of me and did it! Ive read of people on here whose doctors had the form 2 months! When you send off your ofsted application with the ey2 forms , they will send you the corresponding no of crb forms , to fill in before your pre-reg. then mrs ofsted will check them whilst shes there. thats how it works in our area anyway. hth .

singlewiththree
20-09-2009, 07:59 AM
ofsted took the crb forms back here too, so it seems common practice.

Some councils won't let you register to be a childminder to ofsted until you had finished your course. I registered with 2-3 weeks left of my 12wk course and when I had completed the first aid and ofsted were ok with that as I had all my paperwork and house sorted. I just needed to get sorted as needed the income.