PDA

View Full Version : Patio awnings?

Angela234
19-09-2009, 01:23 PM
I have been looking at an awning all weather one for a sheltered area for the children to play in all weathers especially on rainy days.

In my front garden i only have a small patio area but this garden is better in the winter its warmer (south facing) our back garden can be freezing (north facing)

So the size would be 6ft 6 ins wide it would run alongside a wooden porch roof so the play area will be longer (at the moment about 3ft is sheltered)
I don't want to extend the wooden porch as its a lovely sunny spot to sit out in in the summer and would take away some light in lounge. So i want a retractable one

Anyone have one or can recommend only good sites? Pictures would be great i have tried to put a picture of the area but didn't work

Thanks

Jules12Wed
19-09-2009, 01:43 PM
I've had a quote from Hilary Blinds but it comes in at about £2,000. I've sent quote to network co-ordiantor as they are giving out grants in my are but still waiting to hear. This is an automatic awning, I did find a few sites where it would have been about £200 I'll search in a bit and let you know what I find.