PDA

View Full Version : Received variation...however

twise
27-02-2008, 10:06 AM
I have just received my variation for 2 under 1's ...thank you all for your advice. However i have just contacted the parents and they are now not sure whether to use a nursery or me....I told them I thought it was a done deal that they were coming to me as contracts were signed etc and told them that i have made the decision for them and have decided that I can't be messsed about and will go with someone else.

I have just this minute had a call about another under one ...would i be ok taking this one or is the variation only valid for the kids I applied for originally?

Hope this makes sense?

Thanks

Tracy

sarah707
27-02-2008, 10:13 AM
The variation is only valid for specific children - it's often decided on continuity of care etc...

You'll have to apply again - how &^%$^ annoying :(

berkschick
27-02-2008, 10:20 AM
On my certificate it says the variation os for the children named in the letter dated XX . I also got a letter with the certificate which says the variation will end when one of the named children turns 5 or leaves my care.

I would give OFSTED a call and ask them

How annoying of the parents :angry:

twise
27-02-2008, 10:26 AM
It is annoying that parents do this and its not the first time...my certificate looks exactly like my original except it says i am allowed to care for 2 under 1's...there are no names of children on it.

tracy

miffy
27-02-2008, 10:26 AM
What a waste of time and effort (yours)!

At least you knew before you turned down this new one - ring Ofsted and see what they say

I also thought variations were only granted in very strict circumstances like to ensure continuity of care

Good luck

Miffy xx

LittleMissSparkles
27-02-2008, 11:42 AM
I have just received my variation for 2 under 1's ...thank you all for your advice. However i have just contacted the parents and they are now not sure whether to use a nursery or me....I told them I thought it was a done deal that they were coming to me as contracts were signed etc and told them that i have made the decision for them and have decided that I can't be messsed about and will go with someone else.

I have just this minute had a call about another under one ...would i be ok taking this one or is the variation only valid for the kids I applied for originally?

Hope this makes sense?

Thanks

Tracy

did they pay a deposit to you ????? they are obliged to give you 4 weeks notice if in your contractand you didnt put settling in period down on contract xxx

twise
27-02-2008, 11:48 AM
They were coming on Saturday to pay the deposit...never again next time i'll make sure its all done on the same day contracts and dosh!...you live and learn:o

tracy

Banana
27-02-2008, 12:57 PM
I would be very angry. TBH if contracts are signed then you should invoice them for loss of earning on holding the place open and say that 4 weeks pay is due

xx

berkschick
27-02-2008, 02:08 PM
There are no names on my certificate either.

You need to ring OFSTED and check with them.

wendywu
27-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Ofsted never put names on the certificate, but it states the named child and they have these details on file.Knowing Ofsted it might be quicker and easier to change the new childs name by deed poll:laughing: