PDA

View Full Version : ball pit

sweets
18-09-2009, 09:19 PM
has anyone got or ever used the elc sensory ball pit?

It looks good and i'm thinking of buying one, but could do with knowing a bit more about it really. does it fold up small?

Ive got 2 under 1's starting with me soon and think they will love it.

I would do a link for it but i don't know how to do them! but its on their website

miffy
18-09-2009, 09:22 PM
I was looking at one of these on e-bay but decided not to bid for it because I couldn't see how the children got in and out of it.

I think they have to climb over the sides? Wasn't sure how stable it would be or how small it would fold up

Sorry, I realise that's no help! :laughing:

Miffy xx

sweets
18-09-2009, 09:23 PM
I was looking at one of these on e-bay but decided not to bid for it because I couldn't see how the children got in and out of it.

I think they have to climb over the sides? Wasn't sure how stable it would be or how small it would fold up

Sorry, I realise that's no help! :laughing:

Miffy xx

Bet it was the one that i bid on but didn't win! lol.

miffy
18-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Bet it was the one that i bid on but didn't win! lol.

Could have been, I've never seen one on there before!

Just as well I didn't bid - we could have been bidding against one another!

Miffy xx

Winnie
18-09-2009, 09:38 PM
i have one :) lo 11 mths loves it. the sides are bendy so she learnt how to climb in and out, it comes with a few balls, sensory bean bags and a mirror. i think its good value.

sweets
18-09-2009, 09:40 PM
is there not a hole for them to crawl in and out? just thought if they were climbing over the sides, does it not buckle and make it hard then to fold up?

madasahatter
18-09-2009, 09:42 PM
It doesn't look like it comes with many balls.
I use a small inflatable paddling pool (poundshop) with a set of 100 playballs (£5 can't remember if they were from argos, home bargains or elc). This has the added bonus of padded support for my 8 month old who isn't totally stable when sitting yet.

Winnie
18-09-2009, 09:42 PM
its just like a pop-up tent- bendy :D

hello kitty
19-09-2009, 06:56 AM
Yep, I use a paddling pool with balls in which the kids absolutely adored in the Summer, might add sensory beanbags/toys to it next time, will have a look at the elc one for ideas. :D

helenlc
19-09-2009, 07:57 AM
I have this one:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3490019/Trail/searchtext%3EBALL+PIT.htm

The kids climb in and out over the sides. Yes they bend down but it pops back up okay. There are 4 rods that sit in sleeves in the corners to prop it up.

I guess you could easily add bean bags and safe mirrors to make it a sensory one.

It folds down into a flat round bag, like the pop up tents. Mine hangs on a hook in my cupboard.

miffy
19-09-2009, 08:01 AM
I have this one:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3490019/Trail/searchtext%3EBALL+PIT.htm

The kids climb in and out over the sides. Yes they bend down but it pops back up okay. There are 4 rods that sit in sleeves in the corners to prop it up.

I guess you could easily add bean bags and safe mirrors to make it a sensory one.

It folds down into a flat round bag, like the pop up tents. Mine hangs on a hook in my cupboard.

That looks good - is it big enough for two toddlers?

Miffy xx

specks4
19-09-2009, 08:02 AM
i use a blow up small paddling pool shaped as a car and have the balls in it and bean bags, kids love it even the older ones.

sweets
19-09-2009, 08:21 AM
oh i like the argos one better than the elc one now,better price too! thanks for that.

I did think of using a paddling pool but didn't want the hassle of blowing it up when i wanted to use it and i havn't got room to have one up permanent.

Looks like argos here i come!

helenlc
19-09-2009, 08:23 AM

Miffy xx

Yes, I have had 2 little ones in there before. My 16 month mindee can get in there - the sides do go down almost to floor level when she leans on them but they have always popped back up fine and kept their shape.

sweets
19-09-2009, 08:29 AM
i have just read the reviews of it on the argos site and everyone is saying use at least '4 packs of balls':eek:

i think i will just get one pack and have it more as a sensory pit rather than a ball pit. i will put cushions and beanbags in with different textures and maybe a mirror.

do you think that will work?

any other suggestions at what might go in?

little daisies
19-09-2009, 09:00 AM
i use a travel cot with balls in it, ok i have to put the child in and out but at least they cant fall out and hurt themselves and its got soft mesh sides

angiemog
19-09-2009, 01:15 PM

Miffy xx

I have the argos one too. All my mindees love it range from 10 months to 4 especially the baby. He gets in and out by himself never had any probs with collapsing or anything. As has been said the sides will bend and touch floor but only when pressure is added to top ie little one crawling over it. I have enough space to leave it out all the time so the lo can go in and out. There is definately room for two. x

helenlc
19-09-2009, 01:15 PM
I just use one pack of balls. They all spread out and are about one layer deep. But I think its plenty. Anymore and they would spill out evry time one got in let alone 2.

My mindees have been quite happy with the amount that are in there. Its also storing them - I initially bought the 3 packs for 2 in ELC but they took up so much room. So I just have one bag.

I got Tesco balls and they are rubbish - dont get them!! They collapse/dent very easily. I am waiting til they are no good then replacing them. ELC ones seem good.

Winnie
19-09-2009, 01:22 PM
i'm happy with my elc one and it matches the storage that holds my dressing up (not mine! the childrens :laughing: )

Angela234
19-09-2009, 01:32 PM
I like the argos one nice and compact just checked its not in stock near me

The Juggler
19-09-2009, 05:48 PM
has anyone got or ever used the elc sensory ball pit?

It looks good and i'm thinking of buying one, but could do with knowing a bit more about it really. does it fold up small?

Ive got 2 under 1's starting with me soon and think they will love it.

I would do a link for it but i don't know how to do them! but its on their website

I just use their bog standard one and put lots of sensory stuff in it. be nice to have one with lots of things attached though.

mummyroysof3
19-09-2009, 06:15 PM
well ive now added the argos one to andrews xmas list :laughing: already have balls though

what sort of sensory things do you recommend?

charlotte x

The Juggler
20-09-2009, 08:34 AM
I collect shiny lids, the little baby toys that have mirrors, torches with press buttons, jingly things, little music shakers, soft toys, bit of smooth and rough materials, crunchy sounding things (I have those spongy blocks that scrunch and jingle).

Just pinch stuff from your treasure basket too.

Sometimes I just put cushions and books in there.

sweets
20-09-2009, 08:43 AM
good ideas juggler thanks.

I have decided to go for the elc one now as i can get it for £20 as my friend has a 20% voucher. i know the argos one is only £10 but the ecl one comes with a mirror (which i havn't got) and some sensory beanbags. it also has ball sized holes in the side which i thought would be fun for them to play with and post things through.