PDA

View Full Version : EYFS WEEKLY PLANNING SHEET

kelzunique
18-09-2009, 08:31 PM
The one that came in our EYFS folders, do you use them? I find that they are too much. I cannot plan for every part of every day. It takes away the home from home aspect and spontanuity of my setting. I do plan a few activities per week around my current theme, and then i build around those linking back to the theme if possible. How does this sound? All the kids i care for are under 3.

:panic:

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
18-09-2009, 08:47 PM
all mine are under 3 as well. We are out a various groups every morning so i plan for one adult-initiated activity a day based on my theme

beside this its just free play and child initiated activities which you cant really plan for

kelzunique
18-09-2009, 08:51 PM
all mine are under 3 as well. We are out a various groups every morning so i plan for one adult-initiated activity a day based on my theme

beside this its just free play and child initiated activities which you cant really plan for

Oh Good! :laughing: Im glad im not the only one :clapping: :jump for joy: :clapping:

I thought everybody was doing full weeks plans.

Ripeberry
18-09-2009, 08:52 PM
I think about what I'm going to do in the morning, but even the best laid plans go astray as my mindee (12 month old) has his own rules and will have a sleep whenever :)

greeny
19-09-2009, 11:59 AM
im new to this and in the process of registering? it all sounds daunting!!!

sarah707
19-09-2009, 03:27 PM
My daily planning depends on the children and their moods, where we are going and what we are doing, how often they come each week and whether anything special is due to happen like birthdays etc.

I have a very loose theme each week built around what the children are interested in and what they wanted to do the week before and yes I have done some planning at the weekend to make sure I have resources etc in place.

If my planning doesn't get used, fair enough, the children wanted to do something else... we might go back to it another day :D