PDA

View Full Version : Handwritten or typed??

kelzunique
18-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Wondered how you do yours as ive just started typing some of my brief obs up into full mode and it sounds silly but they "look" really good typed. Anyone else do this?

Ripeberry
18-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Handwritten as you are doubling up the work by typing them out!

Mollymop
18-09-2009, 07:53 PM
both.......

Daddy Day Care
18-09-2009, 07:54 PM
My handwriting is poor so ill be typing mine

FussyElmo
18-09-2009, 08:01 PM
both.....do like to type everything up to make it look nice (a bit ocd like that)

Minstrel
18-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Handwritten - but it will be done twice, once rough and then a neat copy! just like all my school work used to be!

hello kitty
19-09-2009, 07:19 AM
Short WOW moments are handwritten but longer formative or summative obs are typed. Basically so I can read them later as my writing is usually illegible! :blush:

mama2three
19-09-2009, 07:19 AM
both - dont rewrite the mini-obs , just put the post its into their file , but will type up any more in depth obs i do.

miffy
19-09-2009, 07:42 AM
Handwritten - no time to do anything else!

Miffy xx

Chimps Childminding
19-09-2009, 07:55 AM
Short WOW moments are handwritten but longer formative or summative obs are typed. Basically so I can read them later as my writing is usually illegible! :blush:

Samehere! my writing starts off ok, but gets worse the more I write, so short one liners are written, more is typed!!!!!!!

Tam's Tribe
19-09-2009, 08:05 AM

This is how I was thinking of doing mine . . . my first under 5 is starting in two weeks!

SandCastles
19-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Handwritten, and a photo stuck on if needed. My handwriting is normally neat and tidy, so I just ask my husband to photocopy some blank obs forms at his work and then I keep them in a clip board ready for when I need them. I link them to the EYFS and write up their next steps in the evening once my head has stopped spinning.

Muffin
20-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Probably a silly question but those of you that type up the obs do you save them on your computer or are typewriters still used?

anneriddington
20-09-2009, 01:22 PM
I type mine out, I can then reflect on what the outcome was on the observation and think about next steps. One small fly in the ointment though was on my inspection this week Mrs Ofsted said they were "very neat" and that it may put parents off writing their comments on them. Sometimes you just cant win! I use stickers about the size of address lables which I write the childrens comments on when we look through their learning journals. Am going to give parents some so they can add their comments.

Too neat indeed - whatever next