PDA

View Full Version : New vetting and barring scheme

sarah707
18-09-2009, 06:03 PM
The Ncma has published comprehensive information about this new scheme here -

http://www.*************/MainWebSite/ContentPage9df2c089.aspx?Map=709EE7BDA9344A8C8E037 4BC3E4CC377

The Vetting and Barring scheme is up and running from October this year.

Your local area should be sending you some information soon.

You should diary to add information and contact numbers to your safeguarding policy and procedure from October.

hth :D

Tam's Tribe
18-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Hi Sarah

Thanks for the reminder . . . WOW there is soooooo much to think about and do . . . what would we do without 'da Boss', you mods and all the forum members!

Lovies
Tam
x

huggableshelly
18-09-2009, 06:49 PM
more money and more paperwork but still if it helps to keep the children of the world safe then its worth it.

Mollymop
18-09-2009, 06:58 PM
More paperwork!! Gawd I better read the link!!!

miffy
18-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Thanks for that Sarah

I suppose we'll have to pay for it ourselves?

Miffy xx

Hebs
19-09-2009, 09:04 AM
I thought they were scrapping this? Or am I thinking of something else??

jellytot
19-09-2009, 09:20 AM
its starting to drive me mad, the amount of money having to be paid out, its all well and fine saying claim it through expenses but if you not getting the money in, in the first place it is hard to do so. Also all these lists have very little to do with safeguarding or at least a poor attemp at it, it has more to do with getting more cash. All these list are only going to show the people who have been caught doing something wrong. Thereare more people who have never been discovered or reported that you would have no idea of. There are more undiscovered people than people who have been convicted.

I know they have to be seen to be doing something but why does it always have to cost, especially when it is very doubtful that any safeguarding issues will be found by someone with such record trying to work with children.

soryy for the rant...............didnt have good nites sleep!!

Twinkles
19-09-2009, 09:45 AM
I just hope this ensures that people don't slip through the net.

The CRB when it was introduced was supposed to do that , it was also supposed to be centralised so the a person was checked once and the info held on one data base that could be accessed by any relevant authority.

Well that clearly didn't happen did it ? Lets hope this is more efficient.

Lady Haha
19-09-2009, 11:01 AM
In the link it says that all existing childminders will be phased in between 2011 and 2015, so no need to start scraping the pennies together just yet!