PDA

View Full Version : Safety flooring

singlewiththree
18-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Our council are offering another wave of the grant in Oct as not many people applied.

I am considering putting in a request to make my playhouse safer. Its the ELC with stilts and a slide but the steps are very wide and the little ones often end up going through the steps if I'm not watching them and there are no hand rails and my 18mth old nearly falls down the slide so want to make it safer. I also want to buy safe mats so if they do fall off its safer. Can anyone recommend safety matting for outside. The playhouse is stood on stone at the moment and ofsted were ok with a risk assessment but I would prefer something safer.

helenlc
19-09-2009, 08:18 AM
You can only ask!

We have very little offered to us. There are ICT packages being offered but they are doing it in phases and as I have only beend oing it 2 yrs, I might be some time til I get mine!! They have been slow handing out the ones who are supposed to be getting theirs this year.

madasahatter
19-09-2009, 09:54 AM
I bought some mats similar to these (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gym-Exercise-Play-Foam-Floor-Interlocking-mats-32-sqft_W0QQitemZ110400502378QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Sp ortingGoods_Gymnastics_CA?hash=item19b461fa6a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14). I put them down on my patio or grass when I have crawlers and under the slides.

It's worth checking ebay as there are some sellers selling the rubber playground mats similar to what you see in parks.