PDA

View Full Version : Help with letter to parents please

Muffin
18-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Hi
could anyone help me with a letter to parents to explain that I am now registered with the ICO and that I may store personal info about their children on my computer. I might write up obs etc as my writing isn't very neat. It will be password protected.

Will I also need their written permission?

Not very good at letter writing so and help would be great

Thanks

Ripeberry
18-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Does it cost a lot to be registered. Do we need to have it for photos ? Or is it just for personal data?

sarah707
18-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Dear xxx

As you know I take photographs of the children and keep records that I need to comply with the statutory requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.

I have decided that I would like to use my computer more often to upload photos and xxx I don't know whatever you want to do with them xxx

After taking advice I am now registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). This means that I pay an annual fee to be able to store private information on my computer about the children and their families, to help me run my business. You can find more information about the ICO here - http://www.ico.gov.uk/.

You are welcome to inspect any records I hold about you or your child at any mutually convenient time. Please let me know if you have any questions about my ICO registration.

Thank you

Muffin
18-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Great as usual Sarah.

Thanks loads

sarah707
18-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Does it cost a lot to be registered. Do we need to have it for photos ? Or is it just for personal data?

If you are not sure whether you need to register give them a call and check.

Otherwise they have an online check list.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/

Hth :D

Muffin
18-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Do I need to get the parents to sign to say they agree to the data being stored?

tinkerbelle
18-09-2009, 05:55 PM
its about £35 pounds i rang them and they informed me that even if you do not use your computer but you take photo's on a digital camera because the camera has a memory card you still have to register the only way not to is use the roll of film instead