PDA

View Full Version : Another vent from me!

LeeAnn
18-09-2009, 03:04 PM
I am seriously considering posting a pic of myself on here to see if you can all see MUG written on my forehead. :angry:

There has not been one single day this week where I have finished at the time I was supposed to, something has come up for every set of parents I mind for and I have ended up working extra. Now I understand that this sometimes can happen but every day??

Well today I am meant to finish at 4.30. I have arranged for my friend to come round for some dinner and we were going to have a very deserving glass of wine with it and let all our children play as it isn't possible with me minding.

I just got a call from one parent to say she will be running late and wont be here til 5. Is that ok?? so I said well actually I have plans at 4.30 , so she said she will try her best to get back. I also have ot get tpo the bank to bank my wages for the week and don't fancy doing it with any more children than is necessary :angry:

I am so over this! In any other job you would know exactly when your working day/week is going to be over!

sorry rant over, thanks for listening :blush:

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
18-09-2009, 03:12 PM
i feel your pain

big hug

Daftbat
18-09-2009, 03:18 PM
As i think has been said before many times - the kids are easy is the parents that are the ones who cause us problems!:laughing:

Ripeberry
18-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Just charge them for the extra! :D Yes it is very frustrating and even though I've only been minding for just over a month now, my main parent seems to arrive late and come back late.
Not too bad at the moment 10 mins to 15 mins here and there but I'm turning it into half-hourly fees.
You would have hated the job I did before kids!
Sorting out car insurance, on the phone all day and we used to dread the Friday afternoon nutters. They would ring up on PURPOSE at 4.50pm with a very serious problem or wanting a quote for 3 cars at the same time and sometimes even though I was supposed to finish at 5pm I could be stuck for another hour or more.
We were told to 'own' the problem and we could not pass it on to anyone else so I used to get really tearfull as it meant I would miss my train back home (lived 50 miles away) and on those evenings I would not get home until 8pm at night and had to walk through a deserted branch line station..full of yobs :panic:
NEVER! do a job like that again :(

wendywu
18-09-2009, 03:29 PM
I always tell my parents in advance if i have plans that mean i need a dead on time pick up. This gives them no excuse.

I know we should not have to but that does not help when you are waiting on the door step to leave and the parents are late.:)

Alibali
18-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Does make you cross doesn't it, hope you enjoy your well deserved glass of wine:)

miffy
18-09-2009, 04:38 PM
I always tell my parents in advance if i have plans that mean i need a dead on time pick up. This gives them no excuse.

I know we should not have to but that does not help when you are waiting on the door step to leave and the parents are late.:)

I've learnt from experience to do the same :rolleyes:

Hope you're now enjoying your glass of wine :)

Miffy xx

little daisies
18-09-2009, 05:49 PM
one of my parents turned up 3 hours late last night with no phone call and a sorry as an after thought, tonight he was 1 1/4 hours late again with no phone call and no apology this time. they really appreciate you don`t they:angry:

ChocolateChip
18-09-2009, 07:07 PM
What have you got in your contracts?
I've put that I will charge £5 for every 15 mins they are late, plus the appropriate hourly rate- not actually had to use it yet but my lot are pretty considerate at the moment.
Might shake them up a bit if you start charging for the inconvenience!

oldtimer
18-09-2009, 07:39 PM
one of my parents turned up 3 hours late last night with no phone call and a sorry as an after thought, tonight he was 1 1/4 hours late again with no phone call and no apology this time. they really appreciate you don`t they:angry:

Part of my late collection/failure to collect policy:
No person other than those indicated on the child record form will be permitted to collect a child, without prior notification from the parent(s)

In the event that a child is not collected, the following procedure will be followed:-

Every effort will be made to make contact with the parent(s) using the contact number(s) given

In the event that the parent(s) are not contactable, every effort will be made to contact the named emergency contact person(s)

If the child has not been collected and no contact been made by the parents one hour after the close of the childminding business, The Duty Social Worker for XXXXXXX(local authority) will be notified and Social Service procedures followed

They will only be LATE the one time............