PDA

View Full Version : dw coming and i am dreading it, what happens? anyone had one?

jaja
18-09-2009, 02:16 PM
The lady is new to the area and started off by saying its a home visit to go through all paperwork, learning journeys, ect and the standards to make sure you are meeting them all:panic: :panic: :panic: is this like a mini inspection? she didnt seem friendly either and i said shall i make sure its on a day without too many kids and she said yes the less the better i have an 8 page book to fill out about you:eek: :eek:

So what it is? have you ever had one? do i need one? i am self employed though only ofsted could look through childs details surley not just a dw? what about confidenauailty (sp?) do i have to have anything to do wiht them? the last one was a waste of time and never did a home visit, only spoke to her once to complain and she didnt do anything at all!!!! do they have to go into every room too? god upstairs is like a bomb has gone off!!!!:blush:

any ideas?

ta

xxx

Ripeberry
18-09-2009, 02:51 PM
They are supposed to help you, relax! It's your house, if you don't want them to go upstairs then don't let them.
They are supposed to just check that you are doing the right things and give helpfull advise.
You can take the advise or leave it, it's up to you. :)

grindal
18-09-2009, 03:20 PM
What is a DW:blush:

Mouse
18-09-2009, 03:24 PM
Unless you are a new minder or on a network I don't think you have to have them come out to see you. And I'm pretty sure they can't make you show them your paperwork. They are supposed to be there to help you, but not everyone wants or needs the help. She should put you at ease, not make it feel like you're having a mini inspection. If you feel uncomfortable about it phone her up & ask why she is coming, how it will benefit you etc.

My development worker is lovely. I've known her for years & she pops round for a coffee when she fancies a break from the office :laughing: She never sticks her nose in, but is very good when I need advice. She has looked at my paperwork, but only because she was interested in how I do things. She's never checked up on anything I do (though I do catch her taking everything in as we walk round the house - she doesn't miss a thing!). Unfortunately, not all DWs are as nice.

sarah707
18-09-2009, 03:27 PM

Development worker :D

little daisies
18-09-2009, 03:51 PM
i`ve never heard of dw coming round childminders! is it a regular things if so why? or am i just being thick

Daddy Day Care
18-09-2009, 03:56 PM
i`ve never heard of dw coming round childminders! is it a regular things if so why? or am i just being thick

Mine came around a couple of weeks after I registered, just to make sure i was ok, see if I needed any questions answering, and to let me know of local childminding groups.

I know she pops round to see fellow childminders on a regular basis, but shes lovley and everyone is always happy to see her

Jules12Wed
18-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Is this the same as a network co-ordinator.

Jules12Wed
18-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Is this the same as a network co-ordinator

madasahatter
18-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Our DW's are known as childminding network coordinators. Mine visits me every 8 weeks because I am part of a quality assured network. Ours do visit and help new childminders with help and advice but they generally only visit non-networked established childminders if the childminder requests a visit.

Different areas have different priorities with regard to supporting childminders. In some areas there is lots of free training, support, and financial assistance available and in others there is hardly anything. Luck of the draw really but not exactly fair.

flora
18-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Never had a visit from one ever Jen, sorry.

Ask RachelE, she's same area roughly see if she has ever had one :thumbsup:

Sally G
18-09-2009, 07:02 PM

yes what is a dw :o :o

miffy
18-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Try not to worry - she should be there to help you

You don't have to do or show her anything you don't want to

Miffy xx

Zoomie
18-09-2009, 07:30 PM
I've been registered 4 months so am expecting my first inspection in a few months.

I have asked my DW to come around and check that I am doing everything right .. and of course to help me with the things that I am not.

daisyboo1980
18-09-2009, 08:03 PM
i dont think they have them over here in northern ireland ive only heard of them on here

FussyElmo
18-09-2009, 08:09 PM
We call them DO's - deveolpment officers. Also have a network co ordinator. Mines really nice. Apparantley a ofsted inspector has just become one in this area.

nell57
18-09-2009, 08:36 PM
We call them DO's - deveolpment officers. Also have a network co ordinator. Mines really nice. Apparantley a ofsted inspector has just become one in this area.

I think most of the DOs in our area are ok. I just found out today about the ofsted lady becoming a DO. Have you ever come across her Tina, I have she did my first inspection.

FussyElmo
19-09-2009, 06:50 AM
I have she did my last inspection - she was really nice to me but I can see alot of cm's (around here) not liking it:D

nell57
19-09-2009, 02:04 PM
I have she did my last inspection - she was really nice to me but I can see alot of cm's (around here) not liking it:D

My thoughts exactly, she not over our area, well not yet anyway, with the rate they all move around:rolleyes:

FussyElmo
20-09-2009, 04:10 PM
My thoughts exactly, she not over our area, well not yet anyway, with the rate they all move around:rolleyes:

Well she should have been up my way because my friend DO's told her she was having her but for some reason they changed it:)