PDA

View Full Version : Can i try here?

Tatjana
18-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Hi there, did post on 'Fees and Charges' but despite loads of views have had no replies, hope you don't mind me posting here instead:

I charge a daily rate of £35 and a part time hourly rate of £5 ph.

I've had an enquiry for 3 days, for 7 hours a day. Now my part time fee would amount to the same as my daily fee.

Do you think it fair to charge this even though they won't require the full day?

I'm wondering whether to offer a small discount? ...as enquiries are few and far between recently! Points of view would be greatly appreciated.:)

TIA
xx

mushpea
18-09-2009, 11:18 AM
i only do an hourly rate and charge the same rate for all children, no sibling discounts as all children are the same amount of work
if it were me i would charge the hourly rate and if amounts to your daily rate then so be it.

specks4
18-09-2009, 11:21 AM
My full day is 7+ hours so yes i would charge the full time charge.

When it coms down to it can you afford to say no to this mindee if they were not prepared to pay the full time price and if you cant then maybe you will have to think about reducing the price, but i myself wouldnt as it is a fair price to pay for 7 hours

mrsgreen
18-09-2009, 11:22 AM
hi there, yes i do the same just charge an hourly rate and dont do daily or sibling discounts. (maybe i'm mean) i find it the most easy way to work out.
although it is comepletly up to you how you charge, its your business.;)

Tatjana
18-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Thank you both for your replies, i really appreciate it.

xx

LittleAcorns
18-09-2009, 11:28 AM
hmmm tricky one, I would be tempted to do it for a little less personally as a full day is £35, I guess the £5 per hour is worth while when its for a few hours but 7 is still almost a full day

I would perhaps charge £30 per day, that way Id feel I was getting a good fee, Im a softy and although its a business its also very competitive and wouldnt feel comfortable charging the same as a full day

daisyboo1980
18-09-2009, 11:28 AM
i only do a hourly rate at the min as im so new to this lol i charge a sibling discount starting to regret it though but the parents ask and i was sort desperate from mindees next time i wont though

helenlc
18-09-2009, 11:34 AM
I used to do a sibling discount but dont any more - the siblings I have had have been as hard as one another to look after, so dont think one should be cheaper any more!!!

I charge an hourly rate and dont do an daily one. I have one mindee who is 8.30am - 6pm. Mum never asked about a daily rate so I didnt offer one!!:D

I think I would offer a daily rate if a child was doing Monday to Friday but that would be it.

Daftbat
18-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Sounds ok to me - i do an hourly rate with a maximum of 8 hours so that parents know what the maximum cost each day is. This only applies to normal working hours though - unsociable hours are done differently.

Chimps Childminding
18-09-2009, 01:10 PM
I tend to agree with LittleAcorns. If your daily rate is £35 and she only wants 7 hours which comes to £35 at £5/hour. I would say I would do it for £30!!!!!!!!

The Juggler
18-09-2009, 01:14 PM
I just posted back to you in fees. Suggested you tell her that her hours will amount to same as daily fee. Therefore she can use extra hours (within your normal working day of course) when she wants. This will get you your money and give her flexibility.

LOL

oldtimer
18-09-2009, 01:18 PM
I charge a daily rate of £35 and a part time hourly rate of £5 ph.

I've had an enquiry for 3 days, for 7 hours a day. Now my part time fee would amount to the same as my daily fee.

Do you think it fair to charge this even though they won't require the full day?

Tatjana you are running a business, it is nothing to do with fair or not fair, but everything to do with will pay or will not pay.
It does not really matter whether they will use your services for the full day that you are open for business, that is their choice.

I'm wondering whether to offer a small discount? ...as enquiries are few and far between recently! Points of view would be greatly appreciated.:)

TIA
xx

Surely the only point in offering a discount is to attract custom. You already have a customer ready and willing to use your services. Do not offer a discount NOW, but if your customer asks for a discount then you can make a decision.

Tatjana
18-09-2009, 01:27 PM
I can see everyone's point of view and am now more confused than ever!

But it's great to see how you all think and work, thank you!

xx

Lady Haha
18-09-2009, 01:32 PM
I charge a discounted fee of 25.00 for a full day or 3.70 per hour (which would be 37.50 for a full day!). The only problem with that is that I had one mum who only needed me for six hours, but as that came to 22.20, she decided to pay the 25.00 and have me for the whole ten hour day giving her four hours for herself:rolleyes:

I can't charge any more for a full day as I'm in competition with holiday clubs who charge as little as 12.50 per day! And I can't see the point in lowering my hourly fee!

chewy sweets
18-09-2009, 02:23 PM
I just charge an hourly rate of £4. At least then it's easier to work than 1/2 day full day Hours. :thumbsup:

Ripeberry
18-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Mine is a minimum of 4hrs a week. If it's more than 20hrs a week the hourly charge is £3.40 and if less than 20hrs it's £3.50. I only do full hour or half-hour rates.
Seems to work so far.