PDA

View Full Version : childminder sustainability grant

kindredspirits
18-09-2009, 10:46 AM
had this letter through this morning. in my area childminders who are facing serious financial harship due to a mindee leaving can apply for up to £350 whilst they cannot fill the vacancy. if you are struggling atm might be worth finding out if your council do the same sort of thing. you have to been registered for 12 months, have had the child that left 3 months or more and have advertised the vacancy with FIS for 4 weeks and there are a million and one conditions such as there must be less children than spaces in that area and there must be high unemployment etc.

could have done with it a few months ago when my mindee left unexpectedly and left us on the breadline :rolleyes: but am now virtually full, well certainly got as much as i can cope with :D

miffy
18-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Thanks for sharing this :)

It might help a few people now the recession's taking hold

Miffy xx

tammerisk
18-09-2009, 05:24 PM
notavalible in northants i wanted to know about this a t beginin g of the year

Sarahbelle
18-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Asked my CDO about this in July. We don't get it here.:(

FussyElmo
18-09-2009, 07:15 PM
We used to get this here but not sure now. CM's around here were abusing it. I was told by an experienced cm when I was starting out to take more than four weeks holiday get another cm to cover and apply for the grant. You got the holiday, extra money and the children back needless to say I didnt.

Not sure if it is still available.

cher25
18-09-2009, 08:21 PM
It's available in my area, only with not so much conditions to apply for it.

madasahatter
18-09-2009, 08:45 PM
I believe it is available in the Bradford area if anyone is struggling.