PDA

View Full Version : swimming pool help

gegele
18-09-2009, 10:39 AM
:panic: I go swimming every friday with my dd 3 1/2, ds 1, and mindee girl 5. til there no problem but i now have 2 boys 5 and 8.

i know they can dress and undress alone but wg=hat about the shower? do i just pass them the stuff under the door and hope for the best?

we normally go in a family changing room but surely the boys are too old to be with me? :blush:

what do you do???:panic: :panic:

FizzysFriends
18-09-2009, 10:42 AM
At the pool I take mindees to there is only a comunal changing room and I don't go in with them, non of the parents do I wait outside with the others that I have. They are old enough to get themselves changed.

But I wouldn't be allowed to take 5 children into the pool with just me, the pools around here have adult to child ratios you have to stick to.

youarewhatyoueat
18-09-2009, 10:49 AM
pools are only allowed to let 2 children under 8 in with one adult, I would check with the pool first otherwise you won't be insured.Is it a private pool?

gegele
18-09-2009, 10:56 AM
oh!!!!:eek: no it's a normal pool but i only go in the children bit, i'm not allowed in the big bit if that make sense. but i'm meeting friends and the mother of the mindee will join us so once in the water we are 4 adult for 7 under 8 the others are all biggens of my friend.
is that ok?
my friend is a cm too and parents know her.

so it'll be ok to just go in one changing place with my 2 plus mindee girl and have the boys next door alone?
for the shower the parents will have to wash them!!

FizzysFriends
18-09-2009, 11:36 AM
I would call the pool and ask for their rules. If the parents are their with the older ones then I would let them worry about where they get changed.

specks4
18-09-2009, 11:37 AM
i would check the swimming pools ratios.

miffy
18-09-2009, 11:54 AM
I would call the pool and ask for their rules. If the parents are their with the older ones then I would let them worry about where they get changed.

I agree with this - best to check it out before you get there - and don't forget your risk assessment :)

Miffy xx

gegele
18-09-2009, 05:25 PM
:blush: :blush: ooopps ....oh miffy!!!! why did you remind me LOL

so i went on the site before i left, and it doesn't mention any ratio. it just said children have to be accompagnied by an adult.

tried to ask the lady at the desk but she was busy and easily confused :(

kids had a great time though :laughing: :D

miffy
18-09-2009, 05:28 PM
:blush: :blush: ooopps ....oh miffy!!!! why did you remind me LOL

so i went on the site before i left, and it doesn't mention any ratio. it just said children have to be accompagnied by an adult.

tried to ask the lady at the desk but she was busy and easily confused :(

kids had a great time though :laughing: :D
:laughing: :laughing:

Glad you had a good time! :thumbsup:

Miffy xx