PDA

View Full Version : having a grr moment

venus89
18-09-2009, 10:01 AM
i got a text from mindees mum - usually very uncommunicative - about an hour ago to say she's at home sick today with and just to pop along if she's forgotten to pack anything. Well, shock horror she has forgotten something - nappies! Oh, and wipes.. But popping up is going to be a long walk with a push chair and a walking toddler - about thirty minutes each way!

Daftbat
18-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Thats pathetic - on her part!
Sometimes you wonder what goes on in their tiny minds:eek:

youarewhatyoueat
18-09-2009, 10:54 AM
I always take a few spares out of the bag at the beginning of the week, just in case.

Ripeberry
18-09-2009, 10:58 AM
I actually bought myself some nappies to keep as emergencies as my mindee uses real nappies that you have to fold and use a nippa. Mindee has started walking so its a real struggle to get them on straight!
So what I do now is when we go to playgroup I take some disposable nappies along as its done in half the time and the mum gets the bonus of having one less nappy to wash :D
She knows I use them and is OK with it as it's part of my expenses.

Ripeberry
18-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Venus, just pop down to your local shop, buy some nappies and bill her :thumbsup:

helenlc
18-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Venus, just pop down to your local shop, buy some nappies and bill her :thumbsup:

I was going to say this. Tell her that you will keep the whole pack at your house incase it happens again. And when they run out, do the same again.

I am lucky in that both my parents of my mindees in nappies leave a new pack here and when running low, I just tell them and they replace them.

miffy
18-09-2009, 12:25 PM

That's what I'd do too!

Miffy xx

Tam's Tribe
18-09-2009, 12:41 PM

Ali, it is frustrating isnt it . . . you have to wonder sometimes.

As I have just got my first little one, I am also going to have a stock at home and will bill parent if I have to use . . . better than an hours walk.

Lovies
Tam
x

FussyElmo
18-09-2009, 01:42 PM
You mean she has found the nappies and wipes at home but wants you to fetch them. Yeah I would buy and bill her too:)

venus89
22-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Well he turned up today without any at all :eek:

So I bought more and have billed her and have kept it here.

But gggrrrr again :( - especially as I had to drag my kids out early before taking them school to pick the new pack up