PDA

View Full Version : I'm still confused....... SORRY!

angiemog
18-09-2009, 07:50 AM
I do a very small daily diary and just let parents know about sleeps, feeds and a couple of sentences about what we have done. I then have an A4 file with Obs in. I have read about planning and stuff so will add the planning I do for each child to the obs folder. Also in here are any drawings, writing that fit a4 size they do usually that go along with my obs.
Ok.... I have decided I want to get another book for photos (I do have small pics on my obs pages) and keep more of a jounal of fun things and achievements with a photo. I think I will keep this at mine and let parents take home monthly or something and will have it available for them to look at whenever they want. Have I covered it all? Am I doing what I'm supposed to? I know we all do things differently. In my mind it seems make sense (to me) to do it like this. I just think when a child leaves they will love the book of photos and writing and wont look at their obs folder! I know many of you do cds.... anyway if I do these 3 things am I covering everything? Thank you for responses in advance I know someone very lovely will be answer soon. I have a morning off.... it's so quiet :clapping: wanted a lay in... but was wide awake as usual.

sarah707
18-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Yes that's a good way of doing it if it feels comfortable for you!

I put the photos and fun stuff in with the obs and planning BUT it's up to you and how you want to present it.

Encourage parents to put comments in the one you send home - Ofsted will like that :D

Daftbat
18-09-2009, 08:25 AM
What you are doing now sounds brilliant to me - stop worrying ande enjoy the job:)

little daisies
18-09-2009, 08:48 AM
that similar to what i do but half of my parents are not interested they want somewhere to drop the kids off so they can go to work thats all ( what do you do with those?)

sarah707
18-09-2009, 08:56 AM
that similar to what i do but half of my parents are not interested they want somewhere to drop the kids off so they can go to work thats all ( what do you do with those?)

Try your best, keep trying, write down everything they say as evidence of trying :D