PDA

View Full Version : what to do with schoolie

mushpea
18-09-2009, 07:24 AM
hi i have a little boy of 5 after school every day on a thursday and friday its just him and my two, on the other days there are 7 in total, on the busy days he is allowed half hour on the wii then we turn it off and he plays with the others or what ever activity is out, on the 2 days when its him and my 2 all he wants to do is play on the wii or they ds, my daugther is often out with her mates and my son and the boy dont particuarly like messy play, when i say time to turn of the wii/ds i give him the choice of what to play with but he says he dosent want to play with anything other than the wii so i'm after suggestions of what i can do with him or how i can encourage him to play with other stuff or if hes happy is better to just let him play on the consoles on those days?

also what baord games do you find good for ages between 3 and 10yrs all to play with?, i have some of the new lego games for the older ones but the younger ones find it hard to do so need some ideas we can all play with please.

sweets
18-09-2009, 07:34 AM
to be honest i would just let him play on the wii if thats what he wants to do, it does no harm a couple of days a week.

little chickee
18-09-2009, 08:05 AM
I would ask his parents if they are ok with him just playing on the wii the whole time hes with you - if they don;t mind let him. Although i think i would still limit him to no more than 1 1/2 hours and have him take a break half way through to rest his eyes - he could maybe stop after 45 mins to have his snack.

I would then switch it off for the last 20 mins he is with you and try to get him to do something else or just chat with you in the kitchen while you make the tea.

specks4
18-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Hi

I look after a 6 year old after school and he likes to play his ds and if i let him he would play with it all the time he is with me which is only 2 1/2 hours but still abit long to play ds for whole period.

I spoke to his mum and she agreed it was a long time to play and we agreed he could play with it 45 mins while in my care but then would have to put it away and do other things like reading his school book, learning his spellings etc.

The 45 mins is sometimes all at once or spead out over the 2 1/2 hours he is with me so it breaks it up.

Hope this helps