PDA

View Full Version : Am I that unusual ?!

BeckenhamCM
17-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Evening all,

Just wanted to know if anyone else has the same registration numbers on their certificate as I have had several people question them, including a woman from our local Family Information Service who called me to check (!!) today and a few fellow childminders. I have called OFSTED twice to check this and they have confirmed it is indeed correct.

I have 2 children of my own, aged 3 and 1. My certificate says :

"may care for no more than 4 children under 8 years; of these, not more than 2 may be in the early years age group, and of these, not more than 2 may be under 1 year at any one time (Early Years Register, compulsory part of the Childcare Register)"

"when caring for 4 or 5-year-old children who are in full time education, may increase the number in the early years age group by the number of children in full time education, providing the maximum number is not exceeded (Early Years Register)"

I did apply to care for twins, aged under one year old, at my pre reg inspection, and did explain to my inspector that this would not be until next year - a friend wants me to look after them when she returns to work.

Everyone keeps telling me that it's "very rare" and "most unusual" for OFSTED to grant this as standard as you normally have to apply for a variance and then it is normally for named children only, on specific days ?! But there are no names/days on my certificate and when I have checked with OFSTED re this they have confirmed that should my friend choose not to use me to care for her twins then I am free to care for any 2 children under the age of 1, they don't even have to be related.

I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering if anyone else has the same on their certificate ?

Ash xx

sarah707
18-09-2009, 07:21 AM
Nope that is very odd indeed!

Ah well we are not supposed to know the ways of Ofsted :cool:

sfox2003
18-09-2009, 09:33 AM
At the briefing session I attended last week, she said Ofsted may register you for 2 under 1's if you tell them you have twins lined up. She mentioned nothing about you having to tell them their names etc. So that doesnt sound unusual from what I was told, but then again I am new to this.

Sarah