PDA

View Full Version : in and out of the car

Sally G
17-09-2009, 08:45 PM
ok, 3 kids how do you get them all in the car??

today i had 1 11month and 2 year olds the first time i ran out with the baby and strapped her in before the two 2 year olds had clambered up the front steps then popped one in unstrapped strapped the other n then stapped the last one!

the second time i left the baby in the playroom (she doesnt crawl yet and did it all in reverse! - any tips??

youarewhatyoueat
17-09-2009, 08:53 PM
I sometimes use the double buggy to strap 2 into and walk the other to the car and come back for the buggy

sarah707
17-09-2009, 08:54 PM
I use the buggy to keep them safe while I strap them in one by one.

You need to get it sorted out so it works for you and put the whole routine into a risk assessment. :D

Blackhorse
17-09-2009, 08:57 PM
I have to get a 14 months old non walker...a 3 year old with downs that can walk but will dash off at any chance she has plus my dd at 19 months (+a 6 yr old and an 8yr old in and out)
the older ones are find..I just make sure they dont wonder off.

the 3 yr old and my dd can walk...3yr old is on wrist band that I hold..so she cant get away..
dd is holding my hand...14 months old is being carried.
then I sit the 14 month old into the closest car seat. (just for a moment) then I put in my dd into her car seat...then I move 14 months old into his own seat and strap him in...meanwhile 3 yr old is waiting while strapped to me...then she gets put into car....

(when we have to go into school or nursery 14 months old sits in pushchair so he is always last in and first out...as he is safe in the pushchair.)

then me crwals out to put up the seat again to let older one's into car...help them get strapped into their booster seats properly...

sophiestars
17-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Same here. I would put the 2 year olds in the double buggy and carry the baby while pushing the buggy with one hand to the car (I have a double nipper which is easy to push one handed and not too far to get to my car!) I would then strap in the baby first then each 2 year old and put the double in the boot to do the same in reverse at the other end!

The other option is to put one 2 year old and the baby in the double and let the most sensible 2 year old walk to the car either holding your hand, the buggy or on reins then put that one in first.

This is all presuming you have a double buggy which I guess you have judging by the ages of the children!

helenlc
17-09-2009, 08:59 PM
I will have this dilema next month when i will have a 9 mth old, 16 mth old and just over 2 yr old.

My plan is to leave the 9 mth old in the Galt ring or travel cot/playpen. I will then take the older 2 out. I will put the 2 yr old into the car first and she is able to walk over to and put herself in her car seat. Meanwhile, I will strap the 16 mth old in then go round and strap the 2 yr old in before going back for the baby.

Getting out the car, back at home, I will do it all in reverse.

Whilst out, its easier to put the baby in the buggy first, then the 16 mth old and last the 2 yr old who will be walking.

We have been looking at getting a different people carrier today and all I keep saying to DH is But T can go here, P there and A there!!:laughing: Also trying to work out the easist access in and out of it with 3 LOs.:eek:

sweets
17-09-2009, 09:00 PM
one on left hip, one on right hip, one standing on your feet, rucksack on your back and your keys in your mouth! easy:laughing:

manjay
17-09-2009, 09:05 PM
With my 3 we just walk or get carried to the car, all 3 get lifted in quick as a flash, baby is strapped in first in the seat closest to me while the other 2 stand or try to get themselves in to their seats. I then lean over and fasten the middle seat belt then walk round to the other side and fasten that seat belt. No one gets left outside the car whilst another is strapped in but then I suppose my car is quite big so there is enough room for me and all 3 mindees to stand in front of the seats.

Lady Haha
17-09-2009, 10:09 PM
one on left hip, one on right hip, one standing on your feet, rucksack on your back and your keys in your mouth! easy:laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

bibi571
17-09-2009, 10:11 PM
When i had 2 walkers and a baby and i didn't want any out of my sight - especially in case the care commision turned up unannounced the way they do! Then i would put their little life back packs on and put the wrist staps around my wrist and up my arm, baby on my other arm/hip. Out to car and pop baby in seat - strap in. 1st 2 year old in, round other side, other 2 year old in. Get to school, baby in buggy, 1 x 2 year old in buggy, other 2 year old out car and little life back pack on and round wrist and up arm and 2 year old also holding on pram. Nae bother! Except maybe for some hair pulling by baby to be watched for!

B x :littleangel:

little daisies
18-09-2009, 09:15 AM
and just think after all that your knackered and you have to do it all again when you get back home