PDA

View Full Version : fridge freezer

sweets
17-09-2009, 07:31 PM
sorry to ask such a strange question but i can't find the answer to it anywhere on the internet! so thought you lot might know! lol

The question is

Is it safe to put a separate fridge and freezer on top of each other?

I would love some more room in my minute little kitchen and doing this would really help. anyone done it?:laughing:

margimum
17-09-2009, 08:15 PM
You used to be able to buy stacking gizmo to make sure it's safe. Sorry don't know if still do.

Bazza
17-09-2009, 09:56 PM
My inlaws have done it with a washing machine/tumble dryer combo so doubt it would be a problem.

Had a quick search on the web for you and found this: Fridge/freezer dilema (http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=268696)

Hope that helps.

bibi571
17-09-2009, 10:36 PM
My inlaws have done it with a washing machine/tumble dryer combo so doubt it would be a problem.

Had a quick search on the web for you and found this: Fridge/freezer dilema (http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=268696)

Hope that helps.

We'd done the same with our tumble dryer and washing machine - and it was fine when they were separted with some worktop. Quite stable, but when we moved them: when the kitchen was getting re-done and the tumble dryer was ontop of the washing machine and it wasn't even switched on - it managed to slip off quite easily. I read the link above, and for a fridge or freezer - you'd be opening and closing the doors a lot, so i think to be safe you'd need either the 'gizmo' or worktop to be safe all the time. Do a proper risk assesment as an appliance this heavy landing on someone could be fatal. And a new fridge/freezer isn't that expensive - we got a fab one just after Xmas for £299 - half price. Maybe get a tall one in the Jan sales and fit it in the slot you fancy? Don't tell other half you planning it! Then you'll know it's safe. :laughing:

B x :littleangel:

sweets
18-09-2009, 07:39 AM
thanks for finding that link for me, don't know why i couldn't find it! i looked for ages!.

i will have a think about it and have a look in the jan sales. thanks