PDA

View Full Version : help!! free nursery hours

kellypm
17-09-2009, 06:47 PM
hello all

i currently look after a three year old two afternoons a week and as he has recently turned 3 he is now entitled to the governments free nursery vouchers, his mum did have him in nursery all day but decided that she would rather he came back to me in the afternoons she seems to think that she can use her free nursery sessions with me and im not sure so i was wondering if anyone knew and if she can use them with me how do i claim it? hope that all makes sense this is fairly urgent as if she can't use the hours for me im guessing she will put her little boy back in nursery and i don't want him to firstly be messed around too much and secondly loose his place at nursery,

Many thank

Kelly

margimum
17-09-2009, 06:54 PM
You need to be part of a network and also accredited as part of the network to be able to offer funded places for 3 year olds.
Sounds like he will have to stay in nursery 12.5 hours as that is what is funded by Gov.
Will you have him the other hours?

HomefromHome
17-09-2009, 06:56 PM
the nursery will get those hrs (soon to be 15) i'm afraid - you do need to be on a network to offer nursery funded places.:)

janiefear
17-09-2009, 07:44 PM
When did he turn 3???

kellypm
18-09-2009, 08:58 AM
hi thanks for the replies all he turned 3 in july so got the free sessions at start of new school year
thanks for all the help i was pretty sure i could not claim the sessions for me quick question how do we become accredited?

thanks again x

Pipsqueak
18-09-2009, 09:05 AM
you need to see your development worker to see if there is a children come first (CCF) network in your area - you then apply to go on it but you need to meet certain criteria.

little daisies
18-09-2009, 09:32 AM
i`m on a network yet i can`t offer free nursery places for 3yr old. you have to be accredited in able to offer this service. you should join a network and you network co-ordinator will help you through the training etc

Jules12Wed
18-09-2009, 01:25 PM
I've just recently become accredited. One of the girls I look after didn't want to send her to nursery cos she lives a fair way from me and also where she works so she asked if I could offer the free places. I spoke to network co-ordinator and hence I became accredited. It was incredibly easy and just involved a few visits from her with her observing etc, she done all the writing bits.

mushpea
18-09-2009, 06:56 PM
to become accredited you need to have the nvq 3 in home based childcare or equivalent and be on the ncma network.
could she claim through the child tax credits for her childcare with you?