PDA

View Full Version : Just had the BEST after school session!!

Lady Haha
17-09-2009, 05:14 PM
I am on such a high now!!!! I was flicking through my 'A year of multicultural activities for pre school children' e book I got from Sarah and found out that it was Rastafarian New Year this month, so decided to have a New Years Party!! Even though this book is aimed at pre school children, the ideas and activities can so easily be adapted to suit schoolies.

When we first got home we made Rasta hats with dreadlocks on them (strips of black towel!) and looked at some pictures on the internet of Jamaica and some real dreadlocks! We didn't have a proper rastafarian tea cos I knew they wouldn't eat any of the recipes I found! But we did have a rasta pudding! Upside Pineapple Cake which was yummy!

After that we stacked the chairs and pushed the table to one side in the playroom and put on some Bob Marley for an hour and all had a good dance! Some got fed up with dancing and started drawing, but I couldn't have been more pleased with the pics they were drawing! They had completely taken on board the whole rasta thing and were drawing rasta people etc!

The look on the parent's faces when they came to collect and there's me answering the door in my Rasta hat with Bob blaring out of the playroom, was priceless!!!

Last one left about ten mins ago and I'm shattered, but feel really good!!

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together!:D

sarah707
17-09-2009, 05:15 PM
Wow! What it sounds like you all had a great time!

I am sooo pleased you were inspired :D

Alibali
17-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Sounds like fun, glad they enjoyed it.

Lady Haha
17-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Wow! What it sounds like you all had a great time!

I am sooo pleased you were inspired :D

Sarah, out of all the e books I bought from you, this is by far the one I've used the most!!! Every single month I use it to find one off things to do after school! We did the teddy bears picnic for Paddington Bears birthday a while back too!

Monkey1
17-09-2009, 07:21 PM
next time can i come????? I love this book of Sarah's too!

Lady Haha
17-09-2009, 07:30 PM
next time can i come????? I love this book of Sarah's too!

Hey! Every one can come!!!

Sarahbelle
17-09-2009, 09:04 PM
I think I need to buy this e-book! Sounds great!

charliegee
17-09-2009, 09:11 PM
aww sounds like you had a brilliant time - what good ideas - how funny when the parents came home! bet the kids had a ball! x

hello kitty
17-09-2009, 09:24 PM
I feel another purchase coming on....look out Sarah you may have a rush! :)

manjay
17-09-2009, 09:27 PM
What other job could anyone possibly have where they could do this if they wanted?

Sounds like you had a fab time:thumbsup:

bibi571
17-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Wow you must have all had a laugh! We'd a great session too, and we just went to the park, they were all playing on the chute and playing with the bark - throwing it in the air and running around playing chases! But what fun they had with each other. Simple things can make them all so happy and we spend so much money on trying to entertain them sometimes. :laughing:

B x :littleangel:

Lady Haha
17-09-2009, 10:03 PM
What other job could anyone possibly have where they could do this if they wanted?

Sounds like you had a fab time:thumbsup:

Ha ha!!! I tell myself that all the time! It's so true though! What other job in the world would enable you to wear a stupid cardboard hat painted red, gold and green with bits of raggy towels hanging off it! God, I LOVE this job!!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What other job would enable you to sit in the park with a birthday cake and a bunch of kids singing happy birthday to a small stuffed paddington bear!

The list is endless! But the stupid daft stuff is my favourite!

CherryBlossom
18-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Sounds like great fun!

x

flora
18-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Glad you had such a great time :clapping: :clapping: