PDA

View Full Version : Engagement pressie????

sarah32
17-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Im going to a freinds engagement party next Saturday.

Do you buy a present or is a card enough? I dont know, never been to an engagement before.

If you buy a present what do I buy? any ideas.:)

Daddy Day Care
17-09-2009, 04:29 PM
We got gifts of most people for our engagement party, at the time we ahdnt been living together so we got lots of things for the house or argos vouchers so we could get something ourself for the house

FussyElmo
17-09-2009, 04:35 PM
I always get vouchers and I always ask for vouchers so I can get what I want:)

Tam's Tribe
17-09-2009, 04:40 PM
A low budget option that they will treasure is buy a bottle of sparkling wine (dont spend on expensive bottle coz my experience is that they dont open it but treasure it), take a photo you have of them together, print on glossy paper with graphics and words and stick on the bottle, wrap in cellophane with ribbon.

I have done this and people really love it.

Lovies
Tam
x

p.s. just a tip, take the original bottle label off, a quick dip in the hot water and peel it off.

If you like the idea but worried about designing the lable, if you have an electronic photo of your friends, you can PM me and I can mock a label up for you, absolutely no problem (it wont take me long).

sarah32
17-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Thats a great idea Tam.

In the process of getting a photo of them and will come back to you if thats ok.
:)

Tam's Tribe
18-09-2009, 04:51 AM
Thats a great idea Tam.

In the process of getting a photo of them and will come back to you if thats ok.
:)

No probs . . . I will PM you my email address, can you also email me the words you would like printed on and I will send you a mock up to check and change if you like.

Also can you give me an idea of the characters of the couple i.e. traditional or lots of hearts or fun and funky (just to give me an idea of pics and text).

To get the label off, sear label with a knife and dunk in a basin full of hot hot water . . . DO NOT LEAVE LONG AS WILL EXPLODE (personal experience by the way :laughing: ) and any reminder label use knife gently to remove and then shine up with a dry tea towel.

Lovies
Tam
x

sarah32
18-09-2009, 07:07 AM
Thank you so much Tam.

Was working to a budget and this is such a great idea.

Have mailed you.

thanks

sarah