PDA

View Full Version : Trainer bikes/walking bikes

Rubybubbles
26-02-2008, 10:26 PM
Know what I mean?

http://www.johnlewis.com/230454739/Product.aspx

I've just ordered one of these for my dd, because she just can't get a bike or trike to move:( , I spoke to the pre-school about it and they said they had noticed but not concerned (I know, I know!!, I'm not I just want her to enjoy outside play a bit more and thought this would help:p )

So I've all ready ordered one so bit late, but was going to ask if anyone else uses them and how they find them! I'm not after pushing her to ride without stabilisers I just want to build her confidence

Thats my excuse, now have to explain to hubby:idea: hehe

angeldelight
26-02-2008, 10:28 PM
I do not know anyone whos used one of these

They do look good though - I think I want one haha

Hope your daughter enjoys - let us know what you think and if she likes it when it arrives

Angel xx

sarah707
26-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Well you live and learn! Not seen one of those before...! Looks great though, I hope she takes to it...she'll feel so special with her new bike...

Don't forget the helmet and knee and elbow pads! My little mindee just got a scooter with all the extras and won't go on it now without them... she looks so sweet! :D

Rubybubbles
26-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Well you live and learn! Not seen one of those before...! Looks great though, I hope she takes to it...she'll feel so special with her new bike...

Don't forget the helmet and knee and elbow pads! My little mindee just got a scooter with all the extras and won't go on it now without them... she looks so sweet! :D

hehe she's got the lot already, sits on her brothers old bike (:idea: maybe thats why cos it's not her own:o to late now!) ready for the off then can't move her legs hard enough hahaa

anna
27-02-2008, 07:06 AM
I have a couple of the wooden ones of these, One of the boys I mind got to grips with it at two amd a half and was riding a normal bike without stabilisers before he was 3. If you look on utube there are some amazing clips of tiny kids doing tricks on the balence bikes. Even the bigger kids queue up to play on them at my house .

anna

miffy
27-02-2008, 07:24 AM
I've not seen anything like that before either only the small wooden ones for toddlers that you scoot along.

Hope it works Emma and gives your daughter some confidence

Miffy xx

Heaven Scent
27-02-2008, 08:16 AM
I'm sorry cant see the point of them myself can't see anything wrong with stabilisers myself my daughter couldn't manage her bike without stabilisers one summer then the next year she just got on her bike and did it actually it was my son who did this first and I decided that I'd let daughter do the same.

Celine

Rubybubbles
27-02-2008, 11:42 AM
I'm sorry cant see the point of them myself can't see anything wrong with stabilisers myself my daughter couldn't manage her bike without stabilisers one summer then the next year she just got on her bike and did it actually it was my son who did this first and I decided that I'd let daughter do the same.

Celine

this is not the reason I want one though;) but do see what your saying, my ds only came off his stabilisers just after he was 5, she just can't move the bike bless him (weedy girl like her mum haha)

mrsbumbles
27-02-2008, 12:19 PM
When i was on holiday this year, a little boy had a wooden one of these, it was great, the balance he had was amazing, they are great for children ready for the next step up from a trike but not quiet ready for a proper bike, the idea of learing balance on a bike like this before getting on a proper bike is supposed to make using a bike with peddles easier because you have already have the skills to balance. I thought it was a great idea.

Loulou brought one for her son for xmas a he thinks fantastic!

Kelly
27-02-2008, 01:34 PM
My little boy used one from about 2 and a half, they had one at a nursery he went to and he liked it so I got one, his balance became so good on it. Just before his third birthday I took the stabilisers off his push bike and he rode of down the street on it, I couldn't believe it. I think they are wonderful and I now use it for my minded children who 'scoot' around the garden on it.:thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
27-02-2008, 01:57 PM
My nephew has a wooden one of these, it looks really cool and fun!!!