PDA

View Full Version : hurried parent v mounds of paperwork!

charliegee
17-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Hello everyone

I've just got off the phone from a very hurried sounding woman who needs childcare (before and afterschool) as a one off next tuesday and wednesday.

This is fine as fits in my ratios (thanks Pip for all your digging - you set my mind at rest about rising 5s!)

BUT my paperwork tends to take about 2 hours to fill in before I take a child on (I get all NCMA contracts, NCMA child record forms, copy of each of my policys signed by parent and permissions signed......takes best part of 2 hours!)

am I unreasonable or being unnecessarily excessive in saying to parent yes, I can in theory look after your litte one on those days but we do need to meet up (you and little one and me) to see what you think and then...if we both want to go ahead....have to spend another evening going through my paperwork

mum thought it would be a case of me just saying "yes or no" so I've got slight alarm bells but just to check my silly worries....I am being correct and not excessive - even for a one off minding session?

thanks guys xxx

Kelly
17-09-2009, 02:42 PM
I think you should deffinately insist on meeting them, I know its hard but we're all busy working people, have all the paperwork ready, do you have short term contracts? have one ready, fill in as much as poss, as for the rest I would tell the parent to take it away and ensure I had it back prior to next week.

sarah707
17-09-2009, 03:12 PM
I have short term contracts and just take a few details for short term care... not as much as with my long term ones.

Good luck - and I suggest you get payment either in advance or on the day :D

Allie
17-09-2009, 03:15 PM
I believe you must have a contract or you are not insured! I always keep a pack of short term contracts for this only one quick page

Allie

singlewiththree
17-09-2009, 03:21 PM
I made my own short term contact form and then just use a MM contact form as well. It saves on paperwork and doesn't scare the parent.

grindal
17-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Make sure you get the deposit off them too. I had a mum who wanted me for the following day. Spent ages completing contracts with her then she phoned and said she had changed her mind. I was so cross and wasted a full set of paperwork and 2 hours of my time for nothing :angry:

youarewhatyoueat
17-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Please correct me if I am wrong as I disagree that you are not insured if you do not have a contract, it doesn't say that on the ncma insurance, what it does say is you will only be entitled to free legal representation if you have a dispute over the contract. If I am doing ad hoc care for a few hours I get them to fill out all the usual permission forms and medical permission and ask for payment in advance.