PDA

View Full Version : electric man said we need a certificate check ever year? do you?

jaja
17-09-2009, 02:05 PM
a electric man from next door ( employed by next door) asked if i childmind legally !!!!! i said well yeah its not worth the risk if you arnt why!!!!!:angry: :angry: cause if i dont have a elecrtic check yearly then i am against the law????????:angry: :angry:

What is he talking about? my bolier gets checked yearly but nothing else, and we had the electrics done when we moved in 5 years ago, hadnt had them checked since..... AM i suppost too?? He was trying to charge me £200 to do it.... i think he was taking the mickey then he said another minder in another area of town had to before she could start minding.....

anyone please answer cause am in a panic cause of it now.... i am up to date and wouldnt live here if it wasnt safe, whats he talking about????? any ideas????

ta
xxxxxx

Ripeberry
17-09-2009, 02:20 PM
He's trying to con you :mad: Your home should be in a fit state of repair and the boiler serviced every year. Thank him for the advise and say that you will get someone ELSE to do it.
That should shoot him in the foot! :laughing:

Kelly
17-09-2009, 02:30 PM
I live in a quarter so we do have a yearly electrical and gas check and receive a certificate, but I am also a landlord and the legal requirement is a gas boiler check, so I would ignore this guy, I think he could be on the con.

aly
17-09-2009, 02:57 PM
He's trying to con you :mad: Your home should be in a fit state of repair and the boiler serviced every year. Thank him for the advise and say that you will get someone ELSE to do it.
That should shoot him in the foot! :laughing:

I agree...he is trying to con you but for a laugh I would say Hey thanks for telling me about it...I found someone to do it so you saved me money !!
That will teach him!

sarah707
17-09-2009, 03:10 PM
See July 2007 here :D

http://www.hse.gov.uk/myth/2007.htm

Allie
17-09-2009, 03:11 PM
I've looked into this before and was told even if you had faulty wireing the kids would not be at risk because they can't touch it!

Gas I believe does need regular checks to make sure it's not leaking, but def not electric (otherwise it would have to be in the Statutory regs)

Allie

jaja
17-09-2009, 06:48 PM
thanks....

It seemed odd at the time and then he said i was illegal because i hadnt had it done, so i replied i would ring ofsted and if they say yes then i would look into it otherwise not going to bother he then said i was illegally childminding!!!!! defo con

thanks i might sleep tonight instead of worrying!!!!

FizzysFriends
17-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Was he trying to imply you had to have your equipment pat tested?

mama2three
18-09-2009, 07:33 AM
Was he trying to imply you had to have your equipment pat tested?

we dont do we????

sarah707
18-09-2009, 07:39 AM
we dont do we????

No we don't.

See the link I put on above ... it's a myth. :D

http://www.hse.gov.uk/myth/2007.htm

Daftbat
18-09-2009, 08:24 AM
I think he is talking about Protable Applicance Testing or P.A.T Testing. My hubby is qualified to do this for part of his job and it does not apply to domestic premises. Schools, nurseries and any other public offices or workplaces have to have it but not us. You do need to ensure that your boiler and gas appliances are checked yearly and be sensible about checking other things but you can stop worrying.

flora
18-09-2009, 09:44 AM
Hope you slept well babe :thumbsup:

Would hate to think you were getting crows feet over a con man :D