PDA

View Full Version : Builders

grindal
17-09-2009, 01:40 PM
I have so many questions today!! We need someone to come and look at our roof - it is leaking. Is it OK to arrange this for when mindee is here or should I sort it for the week end? Also, assuming work needs to be done, do I need to close down or can I risk assess and stay open?

sarah707
17-09-2009, 03:16 PM
I would risk assess and stay open... just keep paernts in the loop.

If it's a big job I would ring and tell Ofsted so they can note it on my records.

When builders come round get them to sign in and out if they need to come through the house :D

The Juggler
17-09-2009, 03:24 PM
we had to have our whole roof reslated a few years back. We had scaffolding front and back. I told ofsted and they were happy for me to continue on the basis of risk assessing each entry/exit.

grindal
17-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Thank you. Was gonna try not to tell mindees mum as her partner is a builder, but he is extremely expensive and made a right mess of our bathroom so do not want to use him again. Will have to let her know!

netty
17-09-2009, 09:48 PM
if she say anything about hubby doing it say it is through the insurance company and they have they own builders they use.
Netty xxx

grindal
18-09-2009, 04:47 AM
if she say anything about hubby doing it say it is through the insurance company and they have they own builders they use.
Netty xxx

Oh, good idea - I like it :laughing: