PDA

View Full Version : Playroom or menagerie???

miss mopple
17-09-2009, 12:21 PM
:laughing:

Mischief the hamster already resides in the playroom since DD1 decided that he was too noisy to kip in her bedroom (err- think I told you that before you pleaded with me to buy him :rolleyes: ).

Now I've just spent the morning rearranging the furniture so our guinea pigs can move in there too! Its getting too cold in the garden for them and the only room that has space is the playroom (well, it does now I have moved a toy unit into the hallway- sure DH will love me, NOT :laughing: )

When we have poorly fish the hospital tank lives in there too!

Some would say the kids will feel right at home amongst all the animals :laughing: Im just wondering how long it will be before I have to play hunt the guinea as one of them is bound to let them out!

Better get to the hardware shop at the weekend and buy a padlock!

sarah707
17-09-2009, 12:30 PM
:laughing: I thought you meant the children were the menagerie! :laughing:

miss mopple
17-09-2009, 12:31 PM
:laughing: well I suspect they'll fit right in ;)

Twinkles
17-09-2009, 12:44 PM
I have to laugh at the expressions on peoples faces when they come in to a house full of 'busy' children , three cats and a puppy and when they turn round and see our ' free range' rabbit hopping around the playroom it's very funny !

I usually get ' Oh it's a rabbit !' as if I may not have noticed it :laughing:

miss mopple
17-09-2009, 12:53 PM
:laughing: twinkles. I'd love a house rabbit but DH isnt keen. Actually come to think of it he's not keen on the pets we already have or the houseful of kids so maybe I should bin him and get the rabbit :laughing:

DD1 is nagging us for a kitten and much as I'd love one I just know he wouldn't go for it- miserable old grump!

singlewiththree
17-09-2009, 01:27 PM
I had two houserabbits until DD3 arrived then they both decided they wanted to stay outside I had trouble getting them in again so bought them a hutch. The only down side was the chewed wires but the children did quickly get to learn that not all black bits on the carpet are raisins hehe

HomefromHome
17-09-2009, 01:32 PM
try 2 dogs, 2 x 6 month old cats, 2 fish tanks and a snail (and rabbit (soon to be rabbitSSS) in the garden!!! luckily dogs out in the day in the garden altho they will have to come in thru winter as getting on a bit now. often find my girl cat happily snuggled in with my dd or the 21 mth old on the sofa in the mornings! i can t be without animals and make this clear to prospective parents - the animals are great for breaking ice with new kids too - we're about to do cats as a quick theme as all the kids are really into them at the mo... altho i'm sure pd shouldnt be CHASING the blimmin cats!!!!! lol

miffy
17-09-2009, 01:34 PM
At least a guinea pig will be easier to find than a hamster! :)

Miffy xx

miss mopple
17-09-2009, 01:52 PM
True miffy. I have had to hamster hunt several times so he is now out of reach of small fingers :laughing: