PDA

View Full Version : HELP IM LOSING ENTHUSIASM

shelly03
17-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Hi everybody, Please help I started this whole process in January, Ive spent hundreds of pounds and have just been waiting and waiting and waiting. My police checks have been stuck at stage 4 since 16th July. My enthusiasm and motivation has gone down the drain. The good news is that my crb checks are now being printed wahey!!!:clapping: . Only trouble is that Ive completely lost track of what i should have in place etc. I do have 3 children to have after school, but cant really give my job up as the money from them doesnt compare i need a full timer first really. I need some advice and words of encouragement please before i decide to give it all up.:panic:

PixiePetal
17-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Hang on in there and remember why you decided to do this in the first place. You will get there eventually and it will all have been worth it.

Are there any phone calls you can make to see how things are progressing? I registered nearly 15 years ago and not looked back. Keep in touch with others via the forum and you will find you are not alone :)

Big hugs xx

shelly03
17-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Hang on in there and remember why you decided to do this in the first place. You will get there eventually and it will all have been worth it.

Are there any phone calls you can make to see how things are progressing? I registered nearly 15 years ago and not looked back. Keep in touch with others via the forum and you will find you are not alone :)

Big hugs xx

Thank you:)

Daftbat
17-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Things can often seem daunting at the beginning especially if you have put so much effort in and you are waiting for beaurocracy(sp?) to catch up. Try to keep thinking of the positives and you will see that things turn out for the best in the end. Best move i ever made.

little daisies
17-09-2009, 01:32 PM
you will find that childminding goes up and down with the amount of mindees you have. one week you could be full and the next you`ve been given notice for some of them for whatever reason. the good times do outway the bad though

Demonjill
17-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Dont know if im the right one to give advice at the mo lol

Ive been in a similar situation been waiting for things for ages and lost touch with everything and had too much time to think and worry etc.
Things have moved on quick again and looks like i will be reg prop in few weeks so will see how feel then. Not sure i still want to do cm as have been looking into other things while ive been waiting and everyone on here is prob so fed up of how confused i am lol.
Only you know how you feel but as others have said to me 0 do not give up now, see it through you have come this far and you never know whats round the corner.:thumbsup:

Good luck x

Blackhorse
17-09-2009, 08:43 PM
it took me absolutely ages...applied last year at end of october...got registered in may this year...and didnt have my first mindee until the 31st of august!

Now I am 90%full (this is the end of my 3rd week as cm) and I am loving every day of it.
I am sooo glad I have done this and all the problems I had with reg and filling spaces have been really worth it for me...
mind you in the first week I felt awful and was not organised properly and didnt know if I was coming or going...but I have a good system in place now and the kids I have are all awesome! my dd loves it..the parents are nice...

If you had spoken to me only 3.5 weeks ago I would have told you a completely different story...so what I am trying to say is hang in there as things will happen...!!!

Wishing you all the best luck!

geordiebunny
23-09-2009, 04:15 PM
hang in there it will happen keep pestering them thats what I've done and believe me i have had hoops to jump through and probably more to come (disgruntled ex wife determined to ruin my life for no reason at all) you must be doing something right to have 3 children already. I really was ready to give up when was told had to have a visit from manager because of a complaint from ex wife but I explained circumstances and they were happy with it and it has now paid off as of today.

Good luck with it all because once you get that phone call you will be on top of the world and full of enthusiasm again.

zoeshildminding
23-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Stick with it, I had loads of hills to climb along the way, only just got it all finished, but really glad I stuck it out. got a lovely little girl to look after at the moment, just going to stay with just her untill i find my feet.

It will be worth youir hard work in the end.

Zoe xx