PDA

View Full Version : Its all gone pear shaped!!!

amirose
17-09-2009, 07:50 AM
I am full after school, literally JUST happened after a lot of waiting, numbers have worked out perfectly and I now have 5 children after school most days.

THEN .... mum of one my under fives, who is contracted until 1.30pm - 2.30pm at the very latest, says this morning she walked out from work yesterday and has a meeting this morning - looks as though she will lose her job. When I asked what shes going to do she said its ok got another job lined up 10am-5pm monday-friday - which obviously means I would then have her little one on the school run and after school - Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!! :panic:

Variation is not really an option because I am in a flat - 5 children after school was always the absolute maximum at one time - 6 is just stupid and now I don't know what on earth to do???

I don't want to turn any of the new children away after just signing contracts :( I am not going to have a choice though am I?

Lady Haha
17-09-2009, 08:23 AM
I know this may seem mean, but if this first mum was only contracted to 2.30pm at the latest and you have since filled the vacancies for after school, it's really HER that you need to be turning away! She didn't have to walk out of her job and her new job is only 'lined up', so she needs to try and find a new job to fit in with her original contracted hours if she wants to keep you!

amirose
17-09-2009, 08:44 AM
I know this may seem mean, but if this first mum was only contracted to 2.30pm at the latest and you have since filled the vacancies for after school, it's really HER that you need to be turning away! She didn't have to walk out of her job and her new job is only 'lined up', so she needs to try and find a new job to fit in with her original contracted hours if she wants to keep you!

Yes, your right :(
As you know, its just you bond with them so quickly - urgh this sucks!

Will have a chat with her at pick up I think I am just going to have to say she need to be picked up by 3pm for the school run and if not then I am very sorry - but I don't have space.

Chatterbox Childcare
17-09-2009, 08:45 AM
How long until mum lets you down again? I would consider losing her.

The Juggler
17-09-2009, 09:17 AM

I agree. is there an afterschool club perhaps?

youarewhatyoueat
17-09-2009, 10:06 AM
I agree the mum has just presumed that you can change the hours I would tell her the hours you can offer and leave it at that, her choice.You can't really give notice to the new ones without upsetting someone and then risk getting a bad name.