PDA

View Full Version : what bedding do i need?

sweets
17-09-2009, 07:04 AM
i have 2 babies starting with me soon. one tues & wed. and one thurs,fri.

My friend is giving me a travel cot that she doesn't use anymore but i was wondering what bedding to get!

I know each baby needs there own set but does that mean blankets as well as sheets?

How many should i get of each, do they come in travel cot size or do i just buy normal cot size?

angiemog
17-09-2009, 07:07 AM
i have 2 babies starting with me soon. one tues & wed. and one thurs,fri.

My friend is giving me a travel cot that she doesn't use anymore but i was wondering what bedding to get!

I know each baby needs there own set but does that mean blankets as well as sheets?

How many should i get of each, do they come in travel cot size or do i just buy normal cot size?

Hi,
I have 2 babies and I have 3 sets one for each and a spare. I just have cot flat sheets and 3 blankets. x

The Juggler
17-09-2009, 07:07 AM
I have fitted cot sheets they are not individual but are obviously washed between uses. Each baby/toddler has own blanket/cot duvet. Babies I use cellular blankets until 1. Larger toddlers have larger pram/cot blankets for nap time.

grindal
17-09-2009, 07:08 AM
I just use normal sheets and fold them over to fit and tuck them in. Mum provides a blanket (so they have something nice and snuggly that smells of home), but to be honest I have never used them yet!

sarah707
17-09-2009, 07:09 AM
I have a set for each baby that I wash at night so it's dry for the next session... but all mine are part timers.

I suppose if they are full time you'd need more.

Yes they need their own blankets as well as sheets.

Check with parents about what powder you use to wash them in as well and record your discussions somewhere - a childminder friend of mine was pulled up for not doing this at her inspection and given satisfactory for keeping children healthy!

Hth :D

Chatterbox Childcare
17-09-2009, 07:14 AM
I don't buy anything specific for bedding and I use what I have. All the bunny rugs that you have in your cupboard are great for them to lie on and be covered in.

I have an old quilt of my DD's and I use this in my travel cot.

sweets
17-09-2009, 07:14 AM
ok thanks. they don't need washing after 1 use do they?

surely my tues,wed baby can use them for the 2 days then i would wash them ready for the following week! and put fresh on for the thurs, fri baby.

Sorry prob being i bit thick but havn't looked after a baby for a while! lol.

One of them is 9mnth and the other is 12mnths

grindal
17-09-2009, 07:17 AM
I only wash mine weekly (have same mindee full time) - unless they have got them mucky somehow!!

karenandsmile
17-09-2009, 07:28 AM
once a week is enough to wash lol unless soild puked or other things lol

The Juggler
17-09-2009, 09:19 AM
i do the same. unless sick/lots of dribble or snotty I use for the 3 days then wash again for next week.

sweets
17-09-2009, 08:01 PM
ive just put some towels away and noticed in my airing cupboard that i have at least half a dozen single sheets i don't use so i'm going to get the sewing machine out and re-size them to fit! lol

Helen79
17-09-2009, 08:55 PM
sorry to hijack, does each baby need separate sheets or is it ok to use 1 set & wash it in between uses by different children?
I have loads of baby bedding but it's all the same colour so would be difficult to separate for each child?

angiemog
18-09-2009, 07:38 AM
sorry to hijack, does each baby need separate sheets or is it ok to use 1 set & wash it in between uses by different children?
I have loads of baby bedding but it's all the same colour so would be difficult to separate for each child?

I have a bag for each of my babies with tag on it so I know which is which. I wash my weekly both my LO are part time. x

helenlc
18-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Check with parents about what powder you use to wash them in as well and record your discussions somewhere - a childminder friend of mine was pulled up for not doing this at her inspection and given satisfactory for keeping children healthy!

Will get onto this Sarah!! Lol. I use Persil Non Bio as my 2 have ezcema. But I will make a note and get Mum to sign to say I have informed her of my use of this particular detergent. Thanks.

I only have one who uses bedding at the moment but next month I will have another one. I have yellow and green sheets and blankets so will use green for one and yellow for the other. At the moment I just use all of them (yellow AND green - not literally all of them at the same time obviously!!:laughing: ) for the LO who has naps.

miffy
18-09-2009, 12:28 PM

Hth :D

Yet something else to do!!! :(

Thanks Sarah, not something I would have recorded otherwise.

Miffy xx

The Juggler
18-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Yet something else to do!!! :(

Thanks Sarah, not something I would have recorded otherwise.

Miffy xx

me either. even if you ask prior to starting if they have any allergies!!?:eek: That was a tough inspector. And especially as Sarah's friend had probably worked very hard on all other areas of keeping children healthy.

ChocolateChip
18-09-2009, 07:22 PM
I have fitted cot sheets and cellular blankets, left over from having my lot.
I use one set per child per week (unless made dirty as already mentioned) and I keep them in a labelled pillow case (I just drew a different picture with some fabric pens on each one) for each child through the week so they are kept separate.