PDA

View Full Version : Learning Journals and Observations

grindal
17-09-2009, 07:00 AM
I startd minding in April, have had my first inspection and thought all was ticking along nicely....However, in the last couple of days I have got myself in a right muddle about the above. I produce a diary for mum and dad with pictures and comments about the day, and have been doing a series of formal and informal obs and linking to EYFS with next steps and early learning goals, (and using these to inform my planning) - all of which get marked off and dated on a big copy of the eyfs. But, I do not have a learning journal as such (well, I dont think I do :eek: ). So, where does the learning journal fit in and why do I suddenly feel like I do not know what I am doing :blush: ?

sarah707
17-09-2009, 07:12 AM
The thing you put all the obs, individual planning, eyfs info for the child, pictures, photos, notes from parents, info from other settings INTO... is the learning journal / journey.

Each child here has a wallet that has all their information stored in and I write them up each night or after a couple of sessions depending on what's been happening.

The wallet / file / folder / booklet / scrap book is the learning journey.

Hth :D

grindal
17-09-2009, 07:14 AM
The thing you put all the obs, individual planning, eyfs info for the child, pictures, photos, notes from parents, info from other settings INTO... is the learning journal / journey.

Each child here has a wallet that has all their information stored in and I write them up each night or after a couple of sessions depending on what's been happening.

The wallet / file / folder / booklet / scrap book is the learning journey.

Hth :D

Oh. thank you so much. So my lovely folder that I have spent so much time producing is in fact a learning journey :blush: . I suddenly feel very professional!