PDA

View Full Version : welsh inspections??

chewy sweets
16-09-2009, 08:31 PM
How do CSSIW notify you when your due an inspection???
I'm only just registered but do i have an inspection shortly after registration or will it be in 2 years time? As in wales we're inspected Bi- annually.
Sorry but the CSSIW don't give much information for after you've registered!:(

sarah707
16-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Your first inspection will be within a year of your registration...

You will know when an inspection is due because you will get a copy of your self assessment form to complete... and they will come within a month of that!

After the first inspection, CSSIW inspections take place every 2 years unless there is another reason to visit eg if someone has made a complaint against the childminder or if the childminder moves house.

Information taken from my Welsh childminders e-book!

Hth :D

chewy sweets
16-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Thanks for that sarah. How much is your welsh minders ebook???

sarah707
17-09-2009, 06:54 AM
Thanks for that sarah. How much is your welsh minders ebook???

Here's the thread :D

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=39859

Polly2
17-09-2009, 07:08 AM
Hi
Like Sarah says they come with in a month of sending you out your forms. You don't get a date - its an unannounced visit.

brightstar
17-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Hi Katie, I was registered at the beginning of December last year, I received the forms in August and the inspector came out last week. She also told me (barring any complaints etc) that the earliest date for my next inspection would be March 2011.

chewy sweets
17-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Hi Katie, I was registered at the beginning of December last year, I received the forms in August and the inspector came out last week. She also told me (barring any complaints etc) that the earliest date for my next inspection would be March 2011.

How did yur first inspection go? Bet you were nervous! Who's your inpector?
Mine's really nice thankfully!

brightstar
17-09-2009, 05:08 PM
It went ok, she called on the worst day possible. Next doors fence had blown down, and they have two large rotweillers, so I was waiting for a load of bricks to be delivered. My washing machine was sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor waiting for comet to collect it and deliver a replacement and I had to go to nursery to collect my grandson. I also had my 3 month old grandaughter with me and a 12 month old mindee. I joked that at least she could see me at my worst. Luckily she only stayed 1 1/2 hours. Looked around, checked my paperwork, filled in her forms and left. I didn't have time to be nervous.

tulip0803
17-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi Katie I was registered in November last year with CSSIW in same county as you & cheekymonkey. I had my letter of notification at the end of July & I had 28 days to return the forms and to ask the families to fill in forms that CSSIW sent. I will be inspected within 3 months of the end of Aug.:panic: . Still waiting! only another 2 1/2 months to go ho hum:D

manjay
17-09-2009, 09:48 PM
My inspector forgot to come to me:rolleyes: I was registered in Nov 07 and my inspection paperwork arrived at the beginning of Jun 08. As Tulip says you have a month to return that then you will have an unannounced visit with the following 3 months! I had to let my inspector know that I wasn't working for one of the months as I was going into hospital but it got to the end of the 3rd month and she still hadn't arrived. I finally plucked up the courage to call her and oh yes she had forgotten about me, although she said she wasn't worried as she was sure I was doing a good job:rolleyes: She did finally turn up in October and she was here an hour at the most.