PDA

View Full Version : seaside activity

sweets
16-09-2009, 07:19 PM
its my turn to do crafts at toddler group next week and the theme is seaside things. my mind has gone blank has anyone got an idea of something i could do. it needs to be fairly simple and has to be suitable for 1-4 year olds!

avril
16-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Cut out a sand castle shape, glue it cover it in sand then use mini shell shaped pasta to stick on it as shells (what else :rolleyes: ) then a sitck to stick a triangle flag shape coming out the top.

There you have a sandcastle!!:thumbsup:

PixiePetal
16-09-2009, 07:25 PM
3D fish?

2 large cut out fish, decorate, staple/tape part way round, stuff lightly with scrunched paper/newspaper and staple/tape rest together.

Shiny bits to stick on for scales etc

Will think again:laughing:

Folded paper boats, (bit like paper pirate hats!)

sweets
16-09-2009, 07:27 PM
3D fish?

2 large cut out fish, decorate, staple/tape part way round, stuff lightly with scrunched paper/newspaper and staple/tape rest together.

ooh liking that one. will let you know if it wins. lol

avril
16-09-2009, 07:30 PM
3D fish?

I like that too!!! I think I will be borrowing that idea thank you:thumbsup:

PixiePetal
16-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Might use it myself when it is my turn at CM group :laughing:

katickles
16-09-2009, 08:21 PM
You could get them to make sand castle pictures. Get them to glue the paper & put sand on then glue on a flag - we made these & mine really enjoyed it its simple enough for the really young ones to do :)

charleyfarley
16-09-2009, 08:31 PM
You could get them to make sand castle pictures. Get them to glue the paper & put sand on then glue on a flag - we made these & mine really enjoyed it its simple enough for the really young ones to do :)

We did these too in the hols, really easy for all ages :thumbsup:

Carol xx

charleyfarley
16-09-2009, 08:32 PM
3D fish?

Ooohh I like that idea, thanks for that :thumbsup:

Carol xx

sweets
16-09-2009, 08:32 PM
they sound really good but will do them at home instead of toddler group as the people we hire the room from can be a bit fussy about mess! can imagine sand everywhere:panic: