PDA

View Full Version : should i have done this differently

daisyboo1980
16-09-2009, 05:44 PM
my first week of childminding and i dont no wats happening im having a wobble with my confidence at the min, really just want to check that i handled this ok
went to pick my afterschooler up at 4.30 i go into his classroom and 3 teachers where there. as we were leaving (me with 2 wee ones) going down to the car we where chatting and to be honest i hadnt really looked at him properly when we got in i noticed a huge bump on his head am i mean huge ( happened at breaktime), i felt annoyed that nothing was said to me by the teachers. he got picked up at 5.20 had been in great form and when mum arrived burst into tears over his bump. i told her everything i knew and even mentioned that the school had not mentioned anything ,she was very cross that they hadnt told me or her. after they left i thought maybe i should have phone to infrom her or should i have wrote an accident form they where off to get it checked out as it was massive.

sorry for the long post

PixiePetal
16-09-2009, 05:50 PM
The school should have told you. At my kids old school, they had stickers on saying they had taken a bump to the head and teachers told if they could. It should be in their accident books as a record too. Ask mum to question it and for you to be told in future.

daisyboo1980
16-09-2009, 05:54 PM
i thought that to when i worked in the nursery we had to report all head injurys and write it up to get parents to sign

Pipsqueak
16-09-2009, 06:04 PM
that is really naughty of the school, actually no not naughty downright negligent. the school should have rung his mum when it happened.
Hope mum takes the school to task over it.
make sure in your accident report that you mention that school did not tell you anything.
hope the lad is ok

the confidence wobble is normal - we all get them, especially in the early days.

ps - and hunny if you think that is a long post then come back and look at it in about 6months time when you have discovered there is more to this job lol:D :laughing:

sending you a hug

daisyboo1980
16-09-2009, 07:14 PM
thanks pipsqueak i will have a word again with mum again tomorrow to see wat the school said

bibi571
16-09-2009, 07:27 PM
My school is exactly the same! But i know what you mean, with 2 little ones with you, its easy to have missed the bump until later. He probably was just being brave until he saw mum, or more realisiticly - played up when he saw mum :rolleyes: !

One of mine who usually tells me everything last week when she saw her mum instantly rushed out and told her mum that she got group of the week and got a pack of sweets, and could she eat them right now?

Why didn't she tell me that?

They're all the same, mums are more important and special than us, even though they tell us they love us 10 times a day - lol!

Barbara :littleangel:

Demonjill
16-09-2009, 08:33 PM
At my school and nursery you were well informed of bumps etc and if they were to head you got called immediatly and advised to get them checked by a doc as you just never know with head injuries!

Id rather they were too careful than not careful enough and it shouldnt be any less if they are not your kids!

tinkerbelle
17-09-2009, 08:08 AM
our school send a bumped head letter home with the kids but to be honest my kids tend not to give me letters i find them screwed up in their bags
mark it donw in existing injuries in your accident book get mum to sign it etc

Lady Haha
17-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Yeh, in my son's school they do a little A5 sheet and stick it in their bags or sometimes I've found them stuffed in my son's coat pocket! So the school may have done a form and you just didn't see it!