PDA

View Full Version : Help with numbers-can I take on these children?

RedDragon
16-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Hi, Haven't been on here for a while - husband got taken into hospital and has been in there a week so far - he got an insect bite on his leg which turned to blood poisoning! Poor thing has been on a drip ever since.

Anyway, on my certificate it says I can care for 5 under 8 (will be 6 soon as son will be 8) and OFSTED don't think applying to add the 6th child instead of my own will be a problem.

So, say I am allowed 6 under 8.

Just had an enquiry - 2 lovely children and a fab mum so trying hard to fit them in my numbers.

They want Wednesday and a Thursday.

I currently have:

Child A: Aged 2.5
Child B: Aged 5
Child C: Aged 6
Child D: Aged 7

So the new ones are aged 5 and aged 7

So, that means I will have 1 under 5 and 5 under 8

Still with me? lol

But - the 2.5 year old has a brother who wants to come to me in January and he will be 7 months old.

So do you think I will get a variation in January to care for the under 1?

The after schoolers will only be with me from 3pm until 4:30pm

Thanks for any help.xx.

huggableshelly
16-09-2009, 11:07 AM
when do your 7 year olds turn 8?

i know you said your son is out of your numbers soon but what about the minded children? if one turns 8 before xmas and you can handle extra children with school runs etc then you wont need the variation to take on thelittle one.

RedDragon
16-09-2009, 11:14 AM
No, looked at the birthday sheet and no one turns 8 before I want the under 1 to start in January.

huggableshelly
16-09-2009, 11:16 AM
eww then yes you need to apply for the variation.

Ofsted are so slow right now I'm still waiting for them to tell me if I can have 4 under 5's 2 days a wk starting 2nd sept which i applied for in june! ended up turning a child away due to them not dealing with my request!

RedDragon
16-09-2009, 11:20 AM
I feel I am capable in looking after that amount of children - but do OFSTED grant these variations for that amount of children usually?