PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever give notice then doubt you'd done the right thing?

Pudding Girl
16-09-2009, 09:49 AM
I gave 4 weeks notice to 2 ft siblings as the relationship with the parents was shot to pieces. They left last week.
During that time I only had one enq for 2xall day mondays and I am not afraid to admit I was wondering if I made a big mistake in ending the contract.

Not now though!

I've had 3 almost full days off (still had afterschoolie) and feel refreshed and raring to go, and now have the monday ones signing today, got 2x tues/weds/thur/fri siblings all day lined up to start Mid oct, and just taken a very promising call for a 3yo fter :) alongside my afterschoolie and saturday all day.

:clapping:

I really think pters are the way to go now

Princess Sara
16-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Oh I dunno! I haven't given notice yet, but I'm considering it.

I have one full-timer, he's lovely, not getting rid of him without a fight!
But I have lots of part-timers, rota's taking up full-time spaces etc. And one 3yo for a whole of two hours a week, two separate days too!

I am thinking of giving notice to W (two hours a week, seperate days) and F (two days a week, 4 hours in total.) I only charge for the time they're here, and no minimum payment etc, so I might try something like that first maybe. W can easily be dropped at a friends house and go to pre-school with them or something, but F could just pay a little more for a minimum payment.

But I'm still thinking about it all! I have a 3 month old lo starting in Nov, so I'd like to not have to be shouting after 3/4 children on the school run with my double buggy... will see how it goes.

Alibali
16-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Glad things are working out well.

miffy
16-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Certainly looks like you made the right decision now!

Glad things have worked out for you

Miffy xx