PDA

View Full Version : Garden Help ...

Annie_T
16-09-2009, 08:36 AM
Just wondering if any of you could give me idea's for my garden.
I have done a search and cant find anything :blush:

I have a small garden tbh and wont be able to fit toys in it as such (certainly not ride on toys as the path has 2 steps and the grass is all sloped slightky to house:( )

i would like to make it a sensory garden more than anything.

I looking into getting some med plant pot and putting smelly stuff in them (mint, lavender etc)

Also going to get a mirror (this will be taken in and out house)

Im thinking of a chalk board too (diy one)

I have a swirly wind thing too

Small Wind chime maybe

but what else could i do?

Thankyou

Sally G
16-09-2009, 09:06 AM
that all sounds fab sight, smell, sound, different textures!

just make sure the mirror is a plastic one!

mrsgreen
16-09-2009, 09:27 AM
you could get something that trinkles water? like a self contained waterful? but not with a container of water for kids to fall in.
also kid friendly solar, colour changing lights? not sure how good they would be during the day, but they do look cool.
you can also get giant outdoor bean bags which would be great to sit on for kids.
ummmm can think of anything else??
wind chime sounds good :clapping:
also could you fit in a small veg patch? in a container? get all kinds of things in that.
good luck

mama2three
16-09-2009, 10:21 AM
laminated displays either hung from trees or pinned to the fence - Ive got pics of all the animals that visit our garden pinned to the shed.. long tube of some kind ( cardboard or guttering?) to roll things down the slope in or to call through. is there room on a flattish bit for a tuffspot , you can put all sorts of things in there , sensory , messy , small world ? music area - few cheap pans hung from a fence with some wooden spoons to play them with? few ideas but not sure if they are what youre looking for?

EllaBella
16-09-2009, 10:31 AM
in my garden i have wind chime, which seems to attract loads of attention!! herb pots with lavendar rosemary , I have little tubs where we grow potatoes and carrots and also a scraggly little tomato plant, kids love watering these looking after them and seeing it grow and then eating them, we also have strawbery pots.

I have put a bird house on the shed wall up high, the kids decorated it and they like to see if the birds are using it...

also I have a small patio and the little ones spend ages chalking , and doing the hop scotch with chalk,

cant think of anything else at mo x

Princess Sara
16-09-2009, 11:08 AM
You can get small water fountains that hang on the wall, like a child spiting water into a bowl in front of him. Put in low enough for them to stick their hands in and I bet that will be well loved.

Veg can be grown perfectly fine in containers and pots, or you could look into 'square foot gardening' which is fab, takes up hardly any space and the kiddies can grow veg all year round, design it each season too on paper so they are planning what to grow etc. We have a raised one in the back of our garden, it's great.

Annie_T
16-09-2009, 11:59 AM
thanks some good idea's there,

i like the guttering for things to roll down idea .. i may have to look into that but better ask neighbour it ok as i be fixing it to my side of garden but his (if make sense) doont want nails etc poking out and not realising then he hurt self (they old)

the veg pot could work too ... cant be nothing to permenant in garden as it the front and people may nick things (go some like that here) x

uf353432
16-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Ribbons attached to a tree or washing line to move in the wind.

A tent?

Make a den from a wooden frame and blankets - maybe get some blackout material and you can use it as a dark den, maybe get camo netting and binoculars and pretend to be bird watchers

butterfly nets

plastic bottles with various different rattle contents suspended from a pole or washing line.