PDA

View Full Version : PRE REG VISITS

legtc01
16-09-2009, 06:14 AM
Hiya everyone, just wondered...on your pre reg visit do you have to have your house kitted out as if you were going to start work the next day? If so, how are you able to put your expenses through without a registration number?

sarah707
16-09-2009, 06:54 AM
You need to be aware of what you need to do and have a 'wish list' or some other way of communicating this.

You need to basics like safety in place or again a plan of exactly what you are going to do.

If you haven't done something, depending on the inspector, you might be actioned but so long as you know that's coming it's not a problem

You put your expenses against your future earnings, so just write them all down and when you start working, you can take them off the income.

Hth :D

Annie_T
16-09-2009, 08:14 AM
just as sarah said
you dont have to have it all kittted out but you must have an actio plan in place -(need to do) stair gate to go ..(where) on bottom of stairs .. (when) day before mindee starts

and so on .. dont know if that makes sense. tho as sarsh says depending on inspector you may have xamount time to do it before they come to check it all in place x

legtc01
16-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Ok thanks, thats brill. I was just a little concerned because Id read on someones post that they had a visit and they got Ofsted' as inadequate or satisfactory before they had even had any mindees, so I didnt want that to happen to me.

My plan was to carry on working in my current job in the morning and then in the afternoons minding, until business picked up and then go full time. Hopefully it will work out good in the end.

Just regards the expenses, so does that mean that if I bought 2 gates because they are on offer, can I not keep the receipts and then put it through as expenses once Im registered?

Minstrel
17-09-2009, 05:21 PM
You dont actually get a grading on your first inspection so the inadequate/satisfactory wont have been the case. Not sure where abouts you read that though so cant explain properly.

Re: expenses. Yes do keep receipts for anything you buy now and when you start up just put them all through the books as 'start up costs'. Nothing to do with you reg number. hth :)

singlera
18-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Just had my pre-reg visit, inspector was lovely, even made herself a coffee whilst i was feeding my 12 week old!!
As long as you have a solid understanding of the early years framework and can demonstrate that you have identified risks around your home and what you are planningto do to put them right theinspector will be fine.
I was worried about my patio because its uneven in some areas, but because i stated that i would monitor it and if there were consistant falls/trips would get it relaid she was fine.