PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted visited a couple of questions! :)

campbellcj
15-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Hi everyone,

Ofsted visited for my pre-reg visit yesterday. She was really nice and seemed happy for me to childmind, only problem is i lived out of the country four years ago for 6 months so obviously my CRB checks wont cover this time, she said this may delay my registration. I contacted the embassy of the country i loived in and they said they could send a police check within a month. Has anyone else had this issue with registering. How long dod you get your certificate after the visit? i'm so ready to start working!

Also, people have advised to start advertising now but how can you without being registered. Any advice, comments would be much appreciated. Thanks

Catherine

singlewiththree
16-09-2009, 06:43 AM
I can't help with the out of the country bit.

However, I advertised before I was registered I just put that I was in the process of being registered. I set up a website and put my advert on netmums. I also went to toddler groups to make myself known and told everyone I was going to be a childminder.

goodluck hope it doesnt take too long

sarah707
16-09-2009, 06:49 AM
It is quite common and it prepares you for working with children...

You need buckets full of patience! :laughing:

I hope it goes quickly for you :D

Kelly
16-09-2009, 01:01 PM
My Husband is in the Army and we have lived overseas twice, on both occasions I had to wait for checks to be done, they have deffiantely delayed the registration process in my case.

Just be patient, they come through eventually!

Kelly

miffy
16-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Hope the checks come through quickly for you.

There's no harm in advertising as long as you make it clear that you're not registered yet - sometimes people look for childminders months before they are due to return to work or when they start looking for a job.

Good luck

Miffy xx

Cazz
16-09-2009, 01:12 PM
My pre-reg inspector told me I musn't advertise until I receive my certificate :( She said it's okay to tell friends etc that you are registering but not general advertising.

I'm hoping my certificate will be through in the next few days so I can get onto it!

legtc01
16-09-2009, 07:38 PM
My pre-reg inspector told me I musn't advertise until I receive my certificate :( She said it's okay to tell friends etc that you are registering but not general advertising.

I'm hoping my certificate will be through in the next few days so I can get onto it!

Yes, I got told that it is against the law to advertise in places before you are actually registered eg put up flyers etc.x