PDA

View Full Version : Just signed contracts

atmkids
15-09-2009, 07:27 PM
The mum works at the local nursery which is attached to the school and I've recently starting minding for a little boy whose mum is the reception teacher at the same school. They're all lovely but I'm a little nervous as I now have two learning journeys to do for parents who know more about the EYFS than I do :panic: Wish me luck :)

huggableshelly
15-09-2009, 08:22 PM
make sure you involved the parents....

i send the EYFS folder home with parents every 2 months asking them to look through and cross statements out that they feel their child has achieved.

use the parents to help keep your workloard down ... ask them hwo they would cover a certain element within the school/nursery if you are unsure.

I spoke to nursery today about a child I care for .... nursery only check and complete EYFS folders eveery3 months yet I was told by ofsted inspector atleast 2 a wk... in the forum somewhere its summin like once a month to cover all areas in order to update individuaal planning.

so best of luck to you and remember use the parents as a resource after all they are their childs main carers.

(ugh I wen on a bit lol sorry hoping not to ffend just wittering on ... time for bed I think lol)

Annie_T
16-09-2009, 08:15 AM
well done hun and im sure you will be fine x