PDA

View Full Version : all about me planning

atmkids
15-09-2009, 01:15 PM
I'm coming to the end of our All about me topic but am struggling with KUW. If I talk to the children about senses would this be KUW or PSED. If it's not KUW I'd be really grateful for any ideas you may have. Thanks

Stanfield
15-09-2009, 01:51 PM
I am about to start this topic too.

What I have thought for KUW is homes, as in what type of home do they live in, then the different homes around the world, mud huts, flats, cottages, igloos etc Was also looking at buying one of the cardboard igloos people have spoke about on here recently to tie in some roleplay (will also do for winter theme and roleplay too.

sarah32
15-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Weve just done all about me and for KUW we looked at maps and where we live, also google earth to see there house come up. They loved this:)

Ripeberry
15-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Would you do this kind of planning for 3-5yr olds? Just stuck for ideas on what to do with a 1yr old who just loves posting things in holes...any holes :panic:

sarah32
15-09-2009, 04:30 PM
My planning is for 2.1/2 year old plus, what I have at moment but i'll be in the same position in a couple of weeks as taking on a 9 month old.

Not quite sure how im going to include him.

Allie
15-09-2009, 04:43 PM
KUW for a one year old could just be a pushchair ride around the local area (thats his world) for older children I would get them to look at the sort of house they live in is it the same or different to mine? could extend this to people round the world if they are interested. KUW should mainly be local to them so relevant so could also be what I like about the area I live in, my favourite park or walk for example.

Hope this helps

Allie

atmkids
15-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the ideas, I'm definitely going to try looking at a map of the local area and google earth for KUW. The children are 2 and 3 and I don't think they'd be interested in anything that wasn't personal to them.

sarah707
15-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Would you do this kind of planning for 3-5yr olds? Just stuck for ideas on what to do with a 1yr old who just loves posting things in holes...any holes :panic:

That is a schema!

It comes under trajectory...

http://www.visionwebsites.co.uk/Contents/Text/Index.asp?SiteId=468&SiteExtra=17910327&TopNavId=642&NavSideId=8919

Do things with post boxes, decorate tissue boxes and put scarves inside, give him baskets to put things in and take things out...

His personal plan should reflect his interests so go with the flow :D