PDA

View Full Version : bit confussed....doesn't take much!

charliegee
15-09-2009, 12:56 PM
hello everyone

I'm reading through the threads as little ones asleep (bliss!) and I'm a bit confussed about your numbers as I read that some of you have 3 under twos?

is this including your own children?

I am alowed 5 children (so 6 including my own) of which no more than 2 can be in the early years age group so my certificate says

After parent signing today (and fingers crossed next week!) I have...

one after school 4-5 year old (who I'm classing as an over 5 as they are in full time school)
another after school 4-5 year old (same situation!)
one toddler twice a week
another different toddler twice a week on other days

so on my busy days (I say busy but I know compared to some this is quite small!!) I have

my own little one, a toddler, two afterschools both aged 4/5 but in full time education

My certificate says no more than 2 children in the early years group and no more than 5 under 8 in total and I've got two more enquiries for a baby under 12 months and another 4 year old in full time education.

could I take these on if I was lucky and they signed as well?!

so that would be
a baby under 12 months
a toddler
three 4/5 year olds in full time education so I've been thinking are classed as over 5
...plus my own toddler little one!

Now, I'm being thick...but is this all okay and within numbers?

(confused about this "4 year olds being classed as over 5" business!)

sorry for MASSIVE post and long ramble but you helpful peeps are always so good with my silly worries!

thanks in advance xxx:blush:

The Juggler
15-09-2009, 01:15 PM
my children are now 7 and 10. My cert used to say 2 under 5's but I had it changed when dd went to school.

You can get 4 under 5 with a variation but I wouldn't advise if you already have one of your own this young - it can be hard work. Depends on your constitution. I would do it now mine are older.

I have a child just started school and he's only just 4 but now he's full time school he counts as a 5 year old.

Maguiresmonkeys
15-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Hi, im new to the forum so hope you dont mind me replying...:)
I think that the four year olds are still in the early years age group until 31st of August after their 5th birthday. Hope this helps and hope someone with more experience is along soon with some advice for you!! :thumbsup:

Jo

charliegee
15-09-2009, 01:19 PM
ah thanks Juggler!

Gosh I'm always on here with my silly worries - you're lifesavers!

so is this okay without variation and within numbers if I'm allowed 2 in early age group and 5 in total

a baby under 12 months
a toddler
three 4/5 year olds all in full time education so I've been thinking are classed as over 5

- Just to double check, I'm not out of my numbers am I?!

sorry to be a bit thick!

x

singlewiththree
15-09-2009, 01:22 PM
hello everyone

could I take these on if I was lucky and they signed as well?!

so that would be
a baby under 12 months
a toddler
three 4/5 year olds in full time education so I've been thinking are classed as over 5

Now, I'm being thick...but is this all okay and within numbers?

This is right, as the 4yr olds are classed as rising 5's as they are in full time education therefore you have your 5-8 group full with the three children.

your 0-5 age group would also be full with the baby and toddler and your own little one.

Could you handle the school run with this many little ones. I would fully risk assess it before you said yes. If you walking, can your child walk well enough as the mindees will be in the buggy, do you need a triple? Do you have everything in place for 3 young schoolies to walk home in all weathers? I'm not trying to put you off I just want you to consider how it would impact on each of the children and you :)

margimum
15-09-2009, 01:27 PM
You will still be within your numbers taking on a baby and a rising 5 on.
You will find it very difficult getting home from school with these children though!!
As all the rising 5's are still within eyfs you will have to have some eyfs paperwork for them, but school will cover most of it.:)

charliegee
15-09-2009, 01:33 PM
This is right, as the 4yr olds are classed as rising 5's as they are in full time education therefore you have your 5-8 group full with the three children.

your 0-5 age group would also be full with the baby and toddler and your own little one.

Could you handle the school run with this many little ones. I would fully risk assess it before you said yes. If you walking, can your child walk well enough as the mindees will be in the buggy, do you need a triple? Do you have everything in place for 3 young schoolies to walk home in all weathers? I'm not trying to put you off I just want you to consider how it would impact on each of the children and you :)

Oh thank you very much - so helpful to see someone put it all in black and white for me

Yes, this is a lot of children and I'm having lots of tooing and frowing thinking about it.

I live a 10 minute walk from school but my own little one isn't walking properly yet so yes would def need a tripple. I am really thinking about it all through....think could prove V stressful and naturally want to keep little ones as safe as I can on roads etc....

The numbers I've quoted above are pure speculation at the moment based on parents I've got visiting...but could be a possibility. Funny how you can go from no enquiry to lots...guess our job is very up and down!

I think in reality I'll have my one, one other toddler and the 3 afterschools as alhtough the money would be amazing...it will be a lot having a baby too...and naturally got to take into consideration the other children in setting

(sorry to ramble but helps me to think it through!)

Thanks so much for your help on all this xxx