PDA

View Full Version : my son the monster (22mths)

carebear25
15-09-2009, 12:03 PM
My ds is bein an absolute monster at the moment an anythin i do doesnt seem2 work.

Yesterday he hit mindee over head wit toy car (not 2 hard) but mindee was upset, we went 2 toddler group an they stayed away from each other, as soon as we get home mindee upset again an cried on an off 4 an hr leavin me feelin quite upset 2.

Today, dont have this particular mindee but we go same groups as mum an sure enough my ds goes up 2 him an pushes him over no reason behind this, did it bout 3 times each time bein given time out an told he wasnt 2 push.

He doesnt do it wit any others an i dont get it apart from him bein a lot taller than mindee an mindee bein very quiet.

Any advice appreciated as im tearin my hair out on this 1.

Does he not like mindee do u think, does he see him as a threat. Have had mnindee bout 6wks an this has only just started.

Chatterbox Childcare
15-09-2009, 12:09 PM
At 2 speech is starting but children get frustrated when they aren't heard. maybe the children have something your DS wants but he doesn't know how to get it and uses force.

Zoomie
15-09-2009, 12:19 PM
My DD is similar age, and we haven't had this ... yet.

I would say you need to watch your DS to see if there is a reason for this pushing. Is it to get your attention, mindee has something he wants ?

I would also carry on with the message that the behaviour is unwarrented and praise him for good behaviour etc.

I feel so guilty about my DD ... have a new mindee who is very unsettled ... and my DD was so good about letting mindee have all my cuddles whilst DD sat next to me. Bless her, she is going to be getting lots of exclusive mummy cuddles this afternoon as it is just us.

kindredspirits
15-09-2009, 12:41 PM
my son is 2 1/2 and has been very whingy since i started a new mindee 3 weeks ago - i think its because he feels a little confused about whats going on, and jealous that he has to share his mum. he doesn't push but can play a little roughly/fast at times when i have to tell him to be careful - i would make sure when you are with the mindee that you give him lots of cuddles and talk about what you will do when mindee goes home - make it clear that he is number 1 and the others go home etc - do this whilst he's being good and time out the bad behaviour as you have been xxx

Alibali
15-09-2009, 06:45 PM
My oldest ds was a bit of a bully at toddler groups when he was 2, but now he is 11 and he is a gentle little fella! Don't worry about it, it's quite normal and doesn't make him a monster. Just be consistent with the way you deal with it. it'll soon pass.

daisyboo1980
15-09-2009, 08:15 PM
having the same problem but with my nephew who is 2 and my 4 yr new mindee who is roughly the same size it was a tuff 2nd day lol

carebear25
15-09-2009, 09:01 PM
I felt really bad 2day, as mindee was his mum at toddler group. Luckily we r good friends but im stil hopin he sorts himself out soon. Only have mindee 2 mornings a wk. U cant comfort him when he is upset it just makes him worst but dont wanna just leave him. He also doesnt eat when wit me so im thinkin is it worth it but dont wanna let her down. I know most of u dont recommend minding for friends but other than this everythin is great.