PDA

View Full Version : Mindee going to nursery - paperwork

Nicky
15-09-2009, 11:51 AM
I am just wondering what paperwork people pass on when the mindees start nursery at 3? I have been told many different things and am now confused as to what I need to take.

The mindee will be at nursery in the morning and then with me for the rest of the day.

Any advice would be great!

Chatterbox Childcare
15-09-2009, 12:04 PM
I just speak to the nursery and ask if you can have a copy of their planning subjects so you know what they are doing and therefore will either know what the child is doing so you understand they speech after nursery or you can extend on it if mindee is the only one.

You could supply a rough plan of your own if you want to so the nursery can do the same.

sarah707
15-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Same as Debbie.

You don't part with paperwork until they either leave you or go to school.

Until then you keep learning journeys etc.

The other setting might appreciate a few notes about the child and a bit about you and how you work... or they might put it in the bin.

BUT if you've written it and put it in your file, it's great to show Ofsted that you are trying :D

PixiePetal
15-09-2009, 08:04 PM
I just speak to the nursery and ask if you can have a copy of their planning subjects so you know what they are doing and therefore will either know what the child is doing so you understand they speech after nursery or you can extend on it if mindee is the only one.

You could supply a rough plan of your own if you want to so the nursery can do the same.

I wish a particular nursery near me was so simple. :angry: They wanted me to fill in their forms on progress of child and I was brow beaten into agreeing to it after a 40 min phone call. Child has now gone to school :)
I will not have dealings with them again if at all possible - nor are any of the other CM I know well. Even a parent said the owner does not seem to like CM :rolleyes:

What Debbie said should be fine and I am sure this is a one off, hope so:)

The Juggler
15-09-2009, 08:09 PM
I wish a particular nursery near me was so simple. :angry: They wanted me to fill in their forms on progress of child and I was brow beaten into agreeing to it after a 40 min phone call. Child has now gone to school :)
I will not have dealings with them again if at all possible - nor are any of the other CM I know well. Even a parent said the owner does not seem to like CM :rolleyes:

What Debbie said should be fine and I am sure this is a one off, hope so:)

think if a nursery asked them that I would take the learning journey and tell them to photocopy it (at their expense!)

PixiePetal
15-09-2009, 08:16 PM
think if a nursery asked them that I would take the learning journey and tell them to photocopy it (at their expense!)

Oh, no! She wanted me to fill in her A4 sheet with 6 areas marked. So her Outstanding paperwork would all be uniform :angry: Thing is, the child (IMO bright) was doing much more one to one with me than at nursery so where they said he was working towards something in his age range, at mine he was working way above it. Where they said he needed to concentrate longer on tasks, with me he spent hours making complicated lego/geomag models etc. He did not perform well for them.

All I asked for was a plan of what topics they would be covering so I could follow up if I wanted and talk about his day:rolleyes:

Nicky
16-09-2009, 06:44 AM
Thanks for all the advice! Much appreciated.

I have typed up a brief resume of the child outlining her progress in each of the 6 learning areas!

The Juggler
16-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Oh, no! She wanted me to fill in her A4 sheet with 6 areas marked. So her Outstanding paperwork would all be uniform :angry: Thing is, the child (IMO bright) was doing much more one to one with me than at nursery so where they said he was working towards something in his age range, at mine he was working way above it. Where they said he needed to concentrate longer on tasks, with me he spent hours making complicated lego/geomag models etc. He did not perform well for them.

All I asked for was a plan of what topics they would be covering so I could follow up if I wanted and talk about his day:rolleyes:

:eek: surely it is their job to glean that information from the information you provide or talk them through it. You wouldn't ask them to complete your forms! I found this also with my 4 year old. I did a finish nursery report and so did they. He concentrated harder and had far more imaginative play with me than at nursery. Don't know if its familiarity or just the number of other children around.