PDA

View Full Version : confused

Bex1
15-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Hi
me again!

I am confused about what ra's we have to complete. I complete a daily RA of my house, so I tick to show I have checked everything in each room.

On outings to the park I have a standard sheet that lists area's to consider, what I have in place and anything I need to put in place. I dont date it, its just in my risk assessment folder but I visually risk assess the park when I get there and if there is any concerns I will explain to the children why we cant go into the park i,e. if broken glass (which there has never been) or dog mess etc! Is that right or when we go to the park do I have to complete a risk assessment?

Also tomorrow I am off to a childminder activity day and so what kind of risk assessment do I need for that?

I find it really complicated, I know we should have written stuff to back up what we are doing but I use common sense and if I know its not safe or am concerned I wont go with the children!

Annie_T
15-09-2009, 05:17 PM
dont know if this will help but all the risk ass ones i have x

Rubybubbles
06-10-2009, 08:32 AM
dont know if this will help but all the risk ass ones i have x

just updating some of mine today, and I have the same layout risk assesments as Annie T:) not sure how and when I come across them but Ofsted liked them

primula
06-10-2009, 01:00 PM
hi,
I am confused too! i have done a risk assesssment for the house and garden, pets and i am now going through the different outings! It has taken ages!
Do we have to have a daily written RA? I know some minders do tick list daily but do we have to? Is it enough to do a visual and to add that is what you do to the RA? just trying to cut down on the mountain of paperwork! so looking forward to being able to view other minders attachments!
c.